The annual award recognises "a prominent designer whose work demonstrates quality, innovation, and influence, pushing the boundaries of art, architecture and design" and each winner is asked to create a permanent, site-specific installation in Miami Design District, the location for Design Miami.
Newson has agreed to redesign the railings at Miami's Design & Architecture Senior High in time for next year's Design Miami. He will also give a talk on Saturday 9 December at the school. Last year, Zaha Hadid created a sculptural installation called Elastika in the atrium of the Moore building - one of the venues used by the fair.
Design Miami takes place in the Florida city from 8-10 December this year.
- Architects' Jewellery collection is ma…de up of miniature draughting tools
- The Thread Wrapping Machine by Anton A…lvarez
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: 20% of…f Orbit by Ziiiro
- Porosity Bench by Steven Holl Architec…ts
- The Living Cube by Till Könneker save…s space in micro apartments
- New Pinterest board: street furniture
- Soft Rocker by Committee for SCP
- Lava combines western and eastern symb…ols to create "universal" icons
- Expo Chair by KiBiSi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories