The annual award recognises "a prominent designer whose work demonstrates quality, innovation, and influence, pushing the boundaries of art, architecture and design" and each winner is asked to create a permanent, site-specific installation in Miami Design District, the location for Design Miami.
Newson has agreed to redesign the railings at Miami's Design & Architecture Senior High in time for next year's Design Miami. He will also give a talk on Saturday 9 December at the school. Last year, Zaha Hadid created a sculptural installation called Elastika in the atrium of the Moore building - one of the venues used by the fair.
Design Miami takes place in the Florida city from 8-10 December this year.
- BlancoWhite by Estudi Arola for Santa & …Cole
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Nike UK Headquarters redesign by Rosie L…ee
- LunaTik at Dezeen Watch Store in New Yo…rk
- Edsbyn's office partitions are made from… recycled plastic bottles
- Designer New Year cards
- Roll table by Tom Dixon
- Normal Vivid by Ross McBride now further… reduced at Dezeen Watch Store
- Essence by Luca Nichetto
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories