The controversial 2006 Venice architecture biennale attracted 130,226 visitors, making it the most popular ever, organisers have announced.
Officially titled the 10th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale, the event ran from 10 September to 19 November.
This year the event was directed by Richard Burdett and was titled Cities: Architecture and Society. The main exhibition explored the "global impact of the ever increasing size and distribution of cities on the future of the world’s population" but was much criticised in architectural circles for displaying photographs and statistics rather than architecture.
- Apprentice Formation Center by Air Archi…tects
- Fibre-cement tiles create a latticed fac…ade for Leeuw House by NU Architectuuratelier
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: J House by I…solation Unit and Yosuke Ichii
- More images of Kanye West apartment
- Personalised "bubbles of heat" could rep…lace inefficient central heating
- Burkhard Architekten adds concrete wine-…making facility to German village
- Atelier d'Architecture 3BM3 completes co…ncrete tax haven for artworks in Luxembourg
- Trees and exhibition stands line up with… skylights inside Umwelt's Ambient 30_60 pavilion
- Scala Copenhagen by BIG
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories