The controversial 2006 Venice architecture biennale attracted 130,226 visitors, making it the most popular ever, organisers have announced.
Officially titled the 10th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale, the event ran from 10 September to 19 November.
This year the event was directed by Richard Burdett and was titled Cities: Architecture and Society. The main exhibition explored the "global impact of the ever increasing size and distribution of cities on the future of the world’s population" but was much criticised in architectural circles for displaying photographs and statistics rather than architecture.
- Linienstr. 23 by BCO Architekten
- Songwon Art Centre by Mass Studies
- Federico Babina imagines film stars livi…ng inside famous architect-designed houses
- Metal-clad housing by Joliark features f…lush detailing and boxy balconies
- Ex Arsenale at Maddalena by Stefano Boer…i Architetti
- Caneças High School by ARX Portugal
- Eco-pods by Howeler + Yoon Architecturea…nd Squared Design Lab
- House in Sendai-Kasumi by Kiyonobu Nakag…ame
- Ideas wanted for a more cycle-friendly L…ondon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories