The controversial 2006 Venice architecture biennale attracted 130,226 visitors, making it the most popular ever, organisers have announced.
Officially titled the 10th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale, the event ran from 10 September to 19 November.
This year the event was directed by Richard Burdett and was titled Cities: Architecture and Society. The main exhibition explored the "global impact of the ever increasing size and distribution of cities on the future of the world’s population" but was much criticised in architectural circles for displaying photographs and statistics rather than architecture.
- Maddison Architects add timber-framed an…nex to log cabin in Victoria's coastal forest
- Garden room added to Marseille townhouse… by Marion Bernard Agency
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Aranda\Lasch
- Shenzhen International Airport Terminal …3 by Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas
- Flow by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Yener Torun photographs vibrant modern a…rchitecture in Turkey
- Faculty Club by Shift
- Hawaii Wildlife Centre by Ruhl Walker Ar…chitects
- Bahia House by Studio mk27
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories