The controversial 2006 Venice architecture biennale attracted 130,226 visitors, making it the most popular ever, organisers have announced.
Officially titled the 10th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale, the event ran from 10 September to 19 November.
This year the event was directed by Richard Burdett and was titled Cities: Architecture and Society. The main exhibition explored the "global impact of the ever increasing size and distribution of cities on the future of the world’s population" but was much criticised in architectural circles for displaying photographs and statistics rather than architecture.
- Black-painted seaside house by Dow Jones… mimics local fishermen's sheds
- Pitsou Kedem's house in Israel is influe…nced by its "humble and timeless" Modernist neighbours
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science by Mo…rphosis
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: J House by I…solation Unit and Yosuke Ichii
- Wabi-Sabi by Decolieu
- Burkhard Architekten adds concrete wine-…making facility to German village
- Arena Zagreb by UPI-2M
- Kichi Architectural Design completes cub…e-shaped House of Kubogaoka
- Corner house by Masahiro Kinoshita
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories