The controversial 2006 Venice architecture biennale attracted 130,226 visitors, making it the most popular ever, organisers have announced.
Officially titled the 10th International Architecture Exhibition of the Venice Biennale, the event ran from 10 September to 19 November.
This year the event was directed by Richard Burdett and was titled Cities: Architecture and Society. The main exhibition explored the "global impact of the ever increasing size and distribution of cities on the future of the world’s population" but was much criticised in architectural circles for displaying photographs and statistics rather than architecture.
- Bølgen by MAPT
- Railway Control Centre by Moreno del Val…le
- Treasure Island is a conceptual tax have…n populated with extinct species
- Art Institute of Chicago Modern Wing by …Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Eden Bio by Edouard Francois
- Saul E Méndez menswear store features d…oors and windows pulled out from the walls
- Car Park House by Anonymous Architects
- Switch by Yuko Shibata
- Kindergarten in Rosales del Canal by Mag…én Arquitectos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories