Foster + Partners have sent us images of the proposed Khan Shatyry entertainment centre in Astana, the new capital of Kazakhstan.
The 150m-high structure consists of a funnel-shaped, cable-net pleasure-dome clad in ETFE atop a 200m-diameter elliptical base.
The tent-like centre will contain leisure facilities including a tropical water park, shops and cinemas, protecting users from the often bitterly cold weather on the central Asian steppes
Earlier this year, Foster + Partners completed the giant Pyramid of Peace in Astana. Both projects are part of Kazak President Nazarbayev's ongoing, $15 billion project to relocate the nation's capital from Almaty to Astana in the centre of the country.
- High-altitude viewpoint perches over a v…olcanic crater lake
- Clapham Library by Studio Egret West
- Crescent House by Andrew Burns
- Niyang River Visitor Center by Standarda…rchitecture-Zhaoyang Studio
- Q-house by asensio_mah
- New York by Gehry
- M-house by Morii’s Atelier and OUVI
- Ordos 100 villa by Luca Selva Architekte…n
- My Caravan Studio by Paul Coudamy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories