Design Miami update: New York's Moss Gallery has sent us images of specially commissioned pieces shown at Design Miami.
The collection includes new pieces commissioned by Murray Moss - who is perhaps the most influential design retailer in the world - from young Dutch designer Maarten Baas and legendary Memphis member Michele De Lucchi, which we are showing here.
Baas also produced a dining table (above) as an addition to his Clay series of furniture, which he first showed in during the furniture fair in Milan earlier this year.
The seven-legged, black-painted chair is made of synthetic clay, hand-modeled over a steel framework. The one-off sold for $31,000, a record for a piece by Baas.
De Lucchi presented a number of hand-carved wooden models of imaginary houses from his Walls & Heroic Sculptures series, which the Italian architect/designer describes as "experimental architectural studies" (below).
(Update: see more from the Moss show at Design Miami here)
- Two-timer by Industrial Facility
- Big Table by Alain Gilles for Bonaldo
- Rain by Tord Boontje for Moroso
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Nodi Contemporanei by Loredana Bonora
- RU Chair by Shane Schneck for Hay
- Batavus Utility Bike by VanBerlo
- New images of Fukasawa’s Infobar2 phon…e
- Stop2Go by Mondaine at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories