Design Miami update: New York's Moss Gallery has sent us images of specially commissioned pieces shown at Design Miami.
The collection includes new pieces commissioned by Murray Moss - who is perhaps the most influential design retailer in the world - from young Dutch designer Maarten Baas and legendary Memphis member Michele De Lucchi, which we are showing here.
Baas also produced a dining table (above) as an addition to his Clay series of furniture, which he first showed in during the furniture fair in Milan earlier this year.
The seven-legged, black-painted chair is made of synthetic clay, hand-modeled over a steel framework. The one-off sold for $31,000, a record for a piece by Baas.
De Lucchi presented a number of hand-carved wooden models of imaginary houses from his Walls & Heroic Sculptures series, which the Italian architect/designer describes as "experimental architectural studies" (below).
(Update: see more from the Moss show at Design Miami here)
- Benjamin Hubert plays with slip-casting …process to create seamed ceramic tableware
- Flower Cars in Milan
- Workshop by Kiki van Eijk and Joost van …Bleiswijk for Bernhardt Design
- Semi-Rigid Car by Emergent
- Inbolla by Odoardo Fioravanti
- W Hotels Designers of the Future Award 2…013 projects at Design Miami/Basel
- Wonderwall’s Bape Kids opens in Tokyo
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Wood Work by Karen Ryan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories