Caruso St John Architects have been appointed as architects to Tate Britain. The appointment is for five years initially and will involve modernising parts of the existing gallery at Millbank in London.
Headed by Adam Caruso and Peter St John, the practice recently completed another London museum, the Museum of Childhood, which opened on 9 December.
Caruso St John were one of six practices invited to tender for the project. The others were DRMM (de Rijke, Marsh, Morgan Architects), DSDHA (Deborah Saunt David Hills Architects, MUMA (McInnes, Usher, McKnight Architects), HOK International Limited, and Rick Mather Architects. Rick Mather Architects withdrew before the winner was selected.
- Paleys upon Pilers by Studio Weave
- Pombal Castle Hill by Comoco Architects
- Mirror House by MLRP
- House in Lisbon by Luís and Tiago Rebel…o de Andrade and Manuel Cachão Tojal
- Concrete House II by A-Cero
- Paleontology centre inside a quarry exhi…bits the bones of a prehistoric reptile
- Slideshow: Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2…012 by Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei
- Liszt Concert Hall by Atelier Kempe Thil…l
- Concrete and timber retirement house sit…s amongst a Dutch orchard
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories