Caruso St John Architects have been appointed as architects to Tate Britain. The appointment is for five years initially and will involve modernising parts of the existing gallery at Millbank in London.
Headed by Adam Caruso and Peter St John, the practice recently completed another London museum, the Museum of Childhood, which opened on 9 December.
Caruso St John were one of six practices invited to tender for the project. The others were DRMM (de Rijke, Marsh, Morgan Architects), DSDHA (Deborah Saunt David Hills Architects, MUMA (McInnes, Usher, McKnight Architects), HOK International Limited, and Rick Mather Architects. Rick Mather Architects withdrew before the winner was selected.
- World Conservation and Exhibitions Centr…e by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- V35K18 by Pasel Kuenzel Architects
- Conesa 4560 by Adamo-Faiden
- Fort Cortina by Karelse & den Besten
- Jebel al Jais Mountain Resort by OMA 2
- Cultural Centre of Viana do Castelo by E…duardo Souto de Moura
- Glass Loggia House by Allen Jack+Cottier…, Vladimir Sitta and Belinda Koopman
- Organic Skyscraper by Chartier-Corbasson… would be built from office rubbish
- Housing Pilon by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories