Caruso St John Architects have been appointed as architects to Tate Britain. The appointment is for five years initially and will involve modernising parts of the existing gallery at Millbank in London.
Headed by Adam Caruso and Peter St John, the practice recently completed another London museum, the Museum of Childhood, which opened on 9 December.
Caruso St John were one of six practices invited to tender for the project. The others were DRMM (de Rijke, Marsh, Morgan Architects), DSDHA (Deborah Saunt David Hills Architects, MUMA (McInnes, Usher, McKnight Architects), HOK International Limited, and Rick Mather Architects. Rick Mather Architects withdrew before the winner was selected.
- Staithe End by Henry Goss Architects
- Gammel Hellerup Sports Hall by BIG
- Harajuku Box House by Daniel Statham Arc…hitects
- House In Okusawa by Schemata Architectur…e Office
- Faustino Winery by Foster + Partners
- New Concordia Island by Alexander Laing …and Francesco Matteo Belfiore
- Ecological house in a glass box raised a…bove the landscape by Paul de Ruiter Architects
- Community Centre Woesten by Atelier Tom …Vanhee has a contrasting gabled extension
- Casa 2G by Stación-ARquitectura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories