The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Take2 by Rolf Sachs
- Grip by Marco Dessi for Lobmeyr
- Rotator by Ron Arad for Teuco
- The SOL Dome by Loop.pH
- The Temporium on llustre.com
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collecti…on
- Boomerang Wok by Nikolaï Carels for Roy…al VKB
- Shelters resembling giant pompoms by RAW… Design warm skaters on a frozen river
- Perles necklace collection by Ronan and …Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories