The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Threads for Cockaigne woven fashion coll…ection by Martijn van Strien
- Joints by Nathan Wierink
- Flow 5.0 by Studio Roosegaarde
- Kiwa bench by Hyung Suk Cho
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- Furniture made from soil then baked like… bread by Erez Nevi Pana
- DZHUS resuscitates Totalitarian aestheti…c for Autumn Winter 2015 fashion collection
- Concentrated by Sruli Recht
- Alumi by Industrial Facility at Pop-Down
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories