The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Bokja for The Quirico Company
- FABRIKAAT exhibition at Ventura Lambrate
- Pressedleathershoe by Marloes ten Bhöme…r
- A Tailor's Ritual by chmara.rosinke for …Wäscheflott
- Zaha Hadid furniture exhibited in New Yo…rk
- Curve Frame Sofa Set by Hyung Suk Cho
- Bench2 by Jo Nagasaka + Schemata Archite…cture Office
- Age of the World by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Sake Bomb by Alexander Purcell
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories