The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Dezeen Screen: LunaTik and TikTok by Sco…tt Wilson
- The Simple Things by Sara Mellone
- The Country in the City by Alex Brown
- Skitsch launches in Milan
- Daniel Libeskind creates chandelier for… Lasvit from shafts of crystal
- Lilobul by Vincent Olm
- Steel frames are bolted together to form… Flexible Order modular furniture system
- Martin the Mule by Ibride
- Minimal Dresses by Digna Kosse
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories