The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Pencil Jewellery by Gemma Holt
- Clouds by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Balloon by Uli Budde for Vertigo Bird
- Works on Reflection II by Kim Thome at W…illiam Benington Gallery
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair install…ation at Moroso in New York
- Pappa TARAHUMARA Punk Don Quixote by Tor…afu Architects
- Gift by Paul Cocksedge for Hotel Chocola…t
- Airborne by Stéphanie Van Zwam
- Pablo Bronstein honours Nicholas Hawksmo…or with lighthouse/beach hut hybrid in Folkestone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories