The organisation wants to create a hub at the riverside arts centre, which is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
LDF's future was thrown into doubt this autumn when funding body Creative London ordered an audit of its finances and management in response to widespread criticism of the organisation from the design community, but it is understood to have survived the scrutiny.
LDF events attracted approximately 300,000 visitors in 2006 - a fall of 65% compared to 2005.
The 2007 London Design Festival takes place from 15-25 September.
- Cartoon characters perform a disco rit…ual in Fever the Ghost's Source music video
- Wonder Wall at Selfridges
- Nendo designs ice cream Village cake f…or Häagen-Dazs
- Xkuty One electric bike by The Electri…c Mobility Company
- Zaha Hadid at IMM Cologne
- Studio Makkink & Bey adds industrial p…layground to Mecanoo's Reimerswaalhof housing
- "There's a huge burst of creativity" i…n New York says Lindsey Adelman
- The Invisibles by Tokujin Yoshioka for… Kartell
- Fab.com and One Nordic reveal first co…llection under new design brand Hem
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories