This post is a bit late but we've just come across a movie of the event on PAPER's site, which reminded us how good it was.
Inspired by 99-cent discount stores, the shop stocked art products priced from 99 cents (for a decorated clothes peg) to $9,999,999 (for a four-storey, waterfront townhouse complete with art curated by Jeffrey Deitch).
Products were displayed in a maze of glass-fronted cabinets in an empty room featuring specially graffiti'd walls, free beers and a DJ.
Held in the Buick Building in Miami's Design District, the store was a runaway success, with hot goods including Art Production Fund's WOW (Works On Whatever) beach towels printed with images by artists Alex Katz, Marilyn Minter, Richard Phillips and Rob Pruitt.
Tobias Wong's gold-plated pen lid and McDonald's spoon - presented in jewellery boxes and sold as luxury cocaine accessories - were also popular.
We didn't take any good photos at the event for some reason but digimills did better.
- Fabrica Decorative System by Sam Baron
- Live from the Design Museum
- Akitoka by Rosa Lemos
- Jean Prouvé at the Design Museum
- Funambule by Patrick de Glo de Besses
- M-Collection by Niels van Eijk and Miria…m van der Lubbe
- 100 Piazze by Fabio Novembre
- Jaime Hayón to speak at Design Indaba
- Selfridges windows curated by Designersb…lock
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories