This post is a bit late but we've just come across a movie of the event on PAPER's site, which reminded us how good it was.
Inspired by 99-cent discount stores, the shop stocked art products priced from 99 cents (for a decorated clothes peg) to $9,999,999 (for a four-storey, waterfront townhouse complete with art curated by Jeffrey Deitch).
Products were displayed in a maze of glass-fronted cabinets in an empty room featuring specially graffiti'd walls, free beers and a DJ.
Held in the Buick Building in Miami's Design District, the store was a runaway success, with hot goods including Art Production Fund's WOW (Works On Whatever) beach towels printed with images by artists Alex Katz, Marilyn Minter, Richard Phillips and Rob Pruitt.
Tobias Wong's gold-plated pen lid and McDonald's spoon - presented in jewellery boxes and sold as luxury cocaine accessories - were also popular.
We didn't take any good photos at the event for some reason but digimills did better.
- Roc Apeldoorn classroom by Jurgen Bey
- Piggyback by Thomas Heatherwick for Magi…s
- The Gospel by Studio Job 2
- Watch the design evolution of the bicycl…e in a one-minute animation
- Zephyr Sofa by Zaha Hadid for Cassina Co…ntract
- Rattan cane supports Insulaire furniture… collection by Numéro 111
- TAF designs light shaped like a poster t…ube for Zero
- Witches' Kitchen by Studio Tord Boontje
- Fade chandelier by Zaha Hadid for Swarov…ski
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories