The first of the new citywide bus shelters designed by Grimshaw Architects has opened in New York City.
Featuring a stainless steel portal frame and tempered glass, the shelter is part of a billion-dollar contract with Grimshaw and manufacturer Cemusa for new street furniture in the city.
There will eventually be 3,300 of the shelters across the city. 330 Grimshaw-designed news-stands and 20 public toilets will also open in the next few months.
The inaugural bus stop is located at Queens Boulevard and 82nd Avenue.
- House with Gardens by Tetsuo Kondo
- The Tolerant City by Schønherr Landskab… and Adept Architects
- RIBA Stirling Prize shortlist 2010
- Museum Folkwang by David Chipperfield
- Medical School and Student Residences at… the University of Limerick by Grafton Architects
- MySpace student housing in Trondheim by …MEK Architects
- Yountville Community Centre by Siegel & …Strain Architects
- Asian Cairns by Vincent Callebaut
- Xi'an Westin Hotel by Neri&Hu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories