There's a week to go until entries close for the Drawing Water Challenge - a design competition organised by Arup on behald of charity WaterAid as part of the engineering firm's 60th birthday celebrations.
The competition, which has total prize money of £6,000, seeks new ideas to help the estimated two thousand million people who do not have access to safe water.
Anyone can enter with concepts, technologies or products that improve people's chances of getting better supplies of safe, clean water.
The competition closes at 5pm UK time on Wednesday 31 January 2007.
Judges include Ken Shuttleworth of Make Architects, Royal College of Art rector Sir Christopher Frayling and dezeen editor Marcus Fairs, plus senior representatives of Arup and WaterAid.
Winners will be announced on Thursday 15 February and published on dezeen soon after.
Full competition details are here.
- My Couch, My Canvas by Annebet Philips
- Miito by Nils Chudy is an energy-savin…g alternative to the kettle
- 3D weaving can "reduce cost and improv…e structural integrity" in architecture
- Just in Case by Menosunocerouno
- Floating skateboard ramp installed on …Lake Tahoe for pro-skater Bob Burnquist
- Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies create a… folding sled
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Di…esel Denim Gallery Aoyama
- Designersblock opening party and Illus…trate 07
- Tableware by ICOSAEDRO designed to be …printed out at home
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories