There's a week to go until entries close for the Drawing Water Challenge - a design competition organised by Arup on behald of charity WaterAid as part of the engineering firm's 60th birthday celebrations.
The competition, which has total prize money of £6,000, seeks new ideas to help the estimated two thousand million people who do not have access to safe water.
Anyone can enter with concepts, technologies or products that improve people's chances of getting better supplies of safe, clean water.
The competition closes at 5pm UK time on Wednesday 31 January 2007.
Judges include Ken Shuttleworth of Make Architects, Royal College of Art rector Sir Christopher Frayling and dezeen editor Marcus Fairs, plus senior representatives of Arup and WaterAid.
Winners will be announced on Thursday 15 February and published on dezeen soon after.
Full competition details are here.
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Bottle Humidifier by Cloud and Co
- Pear by Patricia Urquiola for Agape
- Torafu Architects suspend bubbly balloon…s of light for Tokyo installation
- Dressed collection by Jens Praet
- Richard Sapper "wanted to design a multi…-sensorial kettle" for Alessi
- New products from Metaphys
- Wank by Craig Alun Smith
- Head-in by Magma Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories