There's a week to go until entries close for the Drawing Water Challenge - a design competition organised by Arup on behald of charity WaterAid as part of the engineering firm's 60th birthday celebrations.
The competition, which has total prize money of £6,000, seeks new ideas to help the estimated two thousand million people who do not have access to safe water.
Anyone can enter with concepts, technologies or products that improve people's chances of getting better supplies of safe, clean water.
The competition closes at 5pm UK time on Wednesday 31 January 2007.
Judges include Ken Shuttleworth of Make Architects, Royal College of Art rector Sir Christopher Frayling and dezeen editor Marcus Fairs, plus senior representatives of Arup and WaterAid.
Winners will be announced on Thursday 15 February and published on dezeen soon after.
Full competition details are here.
- Sight Unseen commissions Memphis-influen…ced print collection
- Biomimicry Shoe by Marieka Ratsma and Ko…stika Spaho
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected g…arden with Edyn
- Meeraboo ST-1 and G-Force by Victor Vett…erlein
- Silence of Shadows by Jin Kay
- Studio Vit's Cone lights are shaped like… party hats
- Negative Space Chess Set by Stefan Gough…erty
- Eley Kishimoto and Fossil launch watch w…ith a "new way of telling time"
- dezeen at Design Miami/Basel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories