Interactive designer Philip Worthington has sent us a video of the latest version of Shadow Monsters.
The product is a sophisticated take on the parlour game of shadow puppets, using motion sensing technology to capture hand movements made in front of a light-projecting screen, and digitally enhancing them with teeth, eyes and hair, as well as sound effects.
Worthington developed Shadow Monsters when he was an Interaction Design student at the Royal College of Art, presenting it at his degree show in 2005.
Since then he has continually refined the design, which has been shown around the world.
- La Chance launches at MOST
- The Spyfrost Project by Dave Trautrimas
- Dominic Wilcox: "I'm deadly serious abou…t being playful"
- .ORI sto by Jakub Piotr Kalinowski
- Radioactive vases are made from toxic sm…artphone waste
- Nara by Shin Azumi for Fredericia
- Het Kruikantoor by Tim Vinke
- Dezeen Watch Store spring sale
- Dutch design stamps issued
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories