Cape Town designer Heath Nash has given us images from his presentation at last week's Design Indaba conference, showing a range of lights and other products made from salvaged plastic.
Nash, who was named South African designer of the year last year, was also one of the highlights of the Design Indaba Expo show held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre over the weekend.
His work draws on the local craft tradition of using recycled plastic bottles and other objects to make new objects.
Our new friend Uleshka from PingMag in Japan did a good interview with Nash last year, which you can read here.
We're back from Cape Town now but will continue to upload material from Design Indaba over the coming days.
- Zaha Hadid among celebrity Christmas bau…ble designers
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashion… to furniture
- "Customers grow old with our shoes, not …bored with them" - Tracey Neuls
- MINI and Touring Superleggera unveil ope…n-top concept car
- BN0035 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Around the Corner by Amanda Levete
- Lotus Dome by Studio Roosegaarde
- Brigitte Coremans at My Way talks
- Forget Me Knot by Sruli Recht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories