Cape Town designer Heath Nash has given us images from his presentation at last week's Design Indaba conference, showing a range of lights and other products made from salvaged plastic.
Nash, who was named South African designer of the year last year, was also one of the highlights of the Design Indaba Expo show held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre over the weekend.
His work draws on the local craft tradition of using recycled plastic bottles and other objects to make new objects.
Our new friend Uleshka from PingMag in Japan did a good interview with Nash last year, which you can read here.
We're back from Cape Town now but will continue to upload material from Design Indaba over the coming days.
- Furniture by Simon Hasan for Vauxhall …Collective
- Matières à Chaud by 5.5 Studio
- Hook pans by Karim Rashid for TVS
- Aoyama by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Ligne Roset
- KHV60 by David Taylor
- Heimlicht by Leoni Werle
- Creators of the AeroMobil flying car p…ropose moving road traffic to the skies
- Free space for light designers at Tent… London
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor trai…ners with soles made of curved pads
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories