Cape Town designer Heath Nash has given us images from his presentation at last week's Design Indaba conference, showing a range of lights and other products made from salvaged plastic.
Nash, who was named South African designer of the year last year, was also one of the highlights of the Design Indaba Expo show held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre over the weekend.
His work draws on the local craft tradition of using recycled plastic bottles and other objects to make new objects.
Our new friend Uleshka from PingMag in Japan did a good interview with Nash last year, which you can read here.
We're back from Cape Town now but will continue to upload material from Design Indaba over the coming days.
- Glasgow-made watches by Paulin launch at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Maritime by Benjamin Hubert for Casamani…a
- Cord-Chair by Nendo
- Silence of Shadows by Jin Kay
- Bounce stools by Véronique Baer spring …back into shape
- Lomme bed by Cycle 13
- Signterior by A-Asterisk
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories