Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Consultorio en La Envía by Miguel Bar…ahona and Luis Castillo
- African architecture subject of major …exhibition at Copenhagen's Louisiana Museum
- Villa Överby by John Robert Nilsson
- Gardens are interspersed with rooms in…side House-K by K2YT
- Haworth Tompkins' Liverpool Everyman T…heatre built with old and new bricks
- Inca Public Market by Charmaine Lay an…d Carles Muro
- Dezeen archive: mobile architecture
- Prince of Wales Visitors Centre by RMA… Architects
- Guangzhou Opera House by Zaha Hadid Ar…chitects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories