Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Dutch holiday home by Korteknie Stuhlmac…her references farmhouses and barns
- Artist Retreat by 0 to 1
- Vassall Road Housing & Medical Centre by… Tony Fretton Architects
- The Shadow House by Liddicoat & Goldhill
- Wall House by FAR frohn&rojas architects
- Daikanyama T-Site by Klein Dytham Archit…ecture
- Stamp House by Charles Wright Architects
- Alexander McQueen store, Los Angeles, by… William Russell
- Down the long driveway: New Zealand home…s photographed by Mary Gaudin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories