Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Sleepbox by Arch Group
- Silver Promenade café by Arca
- Turner Contemporary by David Chipperfiel…d
- OMA in Singapore
- Doors by Hiroyuki Tanaka Architects
- Fire Shelter 01 by SHJWorks
- Vieux Port pavilion by Foster + Partners
- Elly Ward's conceptual tower offers a vi…sion of a child-friendly vertical city
- Seoul exhibition puts Korean architect M…insuk Cho in the spotlight
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories