Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Barceló Temporary Market by Nieto Sobej…ano Arquitectos
- CitizenM by Concrete
- VitraHaus by Herzog & de Meuron
- 2012 RIBA Awards winners announced
- Social housing with solid stone walls by… Perraudin Architecture
- Papstbühne Freiburg by Werner Sobek
- Wabi-Sabi by Decolieu
- House in Ofuna by Level Architects
- Chiyodanomori Dental Clinic by Hironaka …Ogawa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories