Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Variations On a Dark City by Espen Dietr…ichson
- Pitsou Kedem's house in Israel is influe…nced by its "humble and timeless" Modernist neighbours
- Khor I temporary theatre by TAAT
- Woodland home by Hiroshi Nakamura design…ed to resemble a cluster of timber tepees
- Tree Hotel by Tham & Videgård Arkitekte…r
- Inside Out by Takeshi Hosaka Architects
- Tesselion by Skylar Tibbits
- Mirrored cabin installed in Scottish gle…n by Angus Ritchie and Daniel Tyler
- Pierres Vives by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories