Shanghai Expo 2010: The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is holding a competition for the design of the British Pavilion at Expo 2010 in Shanghai.
Combined teams of architects, designers and curators are being invited to submit expressions of interest for the pavilion.
The pavilion will be visited by an estimated 50,000 people a day during the Expo, to be held from 1 May 1 to 31 October 2010.
The FCO wants the pavilion to will leave a positive and lasting impression of the UK; demonstrate UK partnership with China; and speak to a wide cross-section of Chinese visitors.
Formal submissions of interest must be registered by 31 March 2007.
See details of how to enter the competition here.
- Stone house in Bulgaria by I/O Architect…s features a veranda that steps up and down
- Lac du Der Casino by Data Architectes co…uld be mistaken for a school or a museum
- The Zebra Crossing Project by Eduard Če…hovin
- WISA Wooden Design Hotel by Pieta-Linda …Auttila
- Thiais Bus Centre by ECDM architects
- Tropaion by ALA Architects
- Nagi by Eiri Ota and Irene Gardpoit Chan
- Louvre Lens by SANAA and Imrey Culbert p…hotographed by Julien Lanoo
- Alboraya-Palmaret metro station by Rstud…io
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories