Design Indaba update: South African designer Haldane Martin has sent us an image (just one, unfortunately) of his new Slant shelving system that was launched at Design Indaba Expo the week before last.
Slant consists of a timber box module where all the angles are set at 5 degrees from true, so stacking the modules into shelving units creates a higgledy-piggeldy effect.
The modules, which are made of pine, are held together by strong circular magnets recessed into the timber.
Slant comes in natural and black-stained pine.
- Biomimicry Shoe by Marieka Ratsma and Ko…stika Spaho
- E8 table by Mathias Hahn
- Forbidden Fruit by Glimpt
- Bjarke Ingels unveils "BIG Maze" for Was…hington's National Building Museum
- Dezeen Watch Store
- Crater by Zaha Hadid
- Droog adapts Rijksmuseum collection for …Milan exhibition
- Till You Stop by Mischer’Traxler
- Bloom lamps by Kristine Five Melvær
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories