Design Indaba update: South African designer Haldane Martin has sent us an image (just one, unfortunately) of his new Slant shelving system that was launched at Design Indaba Expo the week before last.
Slant consists of a timber box module where all the angles are set at 5 degrees from true, so stacking the modules into shelving units creates a higgledy-piggeldy effect.
The modules, which are made of pine, are held together by strong circular magnets recessed into the timber.
Slant comes in natural and black-stained pine.
- Neon mirrors by Phillip K Smith III cr…eated glowing beacons at Coachella
- Iconograph by Werner Aisslinger for Lo…renz at Dezeen Watch Store
- Silt tea set by VW+BS
- LG70 by Seymourpowell
- Brooke Roberts turns brain scans into …knitwear patterns
- Ribbon by Shin Azumi
- Thread patterns cover blown-glass tabl…eware by Jun Murakoshi
- Alcarol uses resin to preserve worm ho…les in wooden bench
- Paul Loebach creates tea set with labo…ratory glass
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories