Our friends at hg.hu have sent us images of Memory Point, a "political terror museum" in Hódmezővásárhey, Hungary, designed by film designer Attila F Kovács.
Memory Point (Emlékpont) is a local history museum designed "to help mentally close the wretched years of the socialist experiment", according to hg.hu.
Built on top of a townhouse in the south Hungary agricultural town, the museum contains numerous scenographic jokes at the pomposity and absurdity of the Communist era, including an army of giant sculptures of Workers’ Militiamen sunk waist-deep in the ground.
Photos are by János Szentiváni.
More pictures and a description here.
- FRIEM Headquarters by Onsitestudio
- MahaNakhon by OMA
- Studio Octopi's Thames Bath concept evol…ves into floating freshwater pools
- House in Futako-Shinchi by Tato Architec…ts
- Entrance Pavilion Cemetery by Hansteerds… Architectuur
- Carsten Höller builds a tower with a sl…ide at the Vitra campus
- Zaragoza Bridge Pavilion by Zaha Hadid
- Australia House Gallery and Studio by An…drew Burns
- Musevi by Enrique Norten and TEN Arquite…ctos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories