Our friends at hg.hu have sent us images of Memory Point, a "political terror museum" in Hódmezővásárhey, Hungary, designed by film designer Attila F Kovács.
Memory Point (Emlékpont) is a local history museum designed "to help mentally close the wretched years of the socialist experiment", according to hg.hu.
Built on top of a townhouse in the south Hungary agricultural town, the museum contains numerous scenographic jokes at the pomposity and absurdity of the Communist era, including an army of giant sculptures of Workers’ Militiamen sunk waist-deep in the ground.
Photos are by János Szentiváni.
More pictures and a description here.
- The Louwman Museum by Michael Graves & A…ssociates
- Home of Charles Dickens illustrator conv…erted by Sevil Peach into an artist's studio
- Twisted roof connects the angular facade…s of Archi-Union's Songjiang Art Campus clubhouse
- Megalomania by Jonathan Gales
- Hackney Marshes Centre by Stanton Willia…ms
- 8 Chifley by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Part…ners and Lippmann Partnership
- Bright white clinic by Ryutaro Matsuura …with concealed windows and patios
- Northern Europe Migrants Organisation by… Felix de Montesquiou and Hugo Kaici
- Rogers Stirk Harbour's Cheesegrater skys…craper documented in timelapse film
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories