Our friends at hg.hu have sent us images of Memory Point, a "political terror museum" in Hódmezővásárhey, Hungary, designed by film designer Attila F Kovács.
Memory Point (Emlékpont) is a local history museum designed "to help mentally close the wretched years of the socialist experiment", according to hg.hu.
Built on top of a townhouse in the south Hungary agricultural town, the museum contains numerous scenographic jokes at the pomposity and absurdity of the Communist era, including an army of giant sculptures of Workers’ Militiamen sunk waist-deep in the ground.
Photos are by János Szentiváni.
More pictures and a description here.
- Snook Architects combines brick and conc…rete for suburban house in Liverpool
- Australian guesthouse by Whiting Archite…cts made up of staggered concrete and timber boxes
- House for a photographer by Peter Pichle…r
- Slideshow: Fazenda Boa Vista Golf Clubho…use by Isay Weinfield
- RBC Design Centre Montpellier by Jean No…uvel
- Golden Lion award for Korean pavilion co…uld help "trigger the reality" of a unified Korea
- Hanare by Schemata Architecture Office
- Barcode Luminescence by Mikyoung Kim Des…ign
- Helsinki Waterfront Hotel by Herzog & de… Meuron
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories