Our friends at hg.hu have sent us images of Memory Point, a "political terror museum" in Hódmezővásárhey, Hungary, designed by film designer Attila F Kovács.
Memory Point (Emlékpont) is a local history museum designed "to help mentally close the wretched years of the socialist experiment", according to hg.hu.
Built on top of a townhouse in the south Hungary agricultural town, the museum contains numerous scenographic jokes at the pomposity and absurdity of the Communist era, including an army of giant sculptures of Workers’ Militiamen sunk waist-deep in the ground.
Photos are by János Szentiváni.
More pictures and a description here.
- Villa SK by Atelier Thomas Pucher
- Curving roofline enhances acoustics insi…de house with a music hall by NKS Architects
- Angled fins flank the windows of KINO Ar…chitects' Tokyo apartment block
- Daycare centre near Brussels features ch…ild-size furniture and a combined staircase and slide
- Apartment in Paris by Pascal Grasso Arch…itectures
- House in Belas by CHP Arquitectos
- Porsche Pavilion by HENN
- Studio R-1 by architecten|en|en
- Red cedar clads extended Parisian house …by CUT Architectures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories