Our friends at hg.hu have sent us images of Memory Point, a "political terror museum" in Hódmezővásárhey, Hungary, designed by film designer Attila F Kovács.
Memory Point (Emlékpont) is a local history museum designed "to help mentally close the wretched years of the socialist experiment", according to hg.hu.
Built on top of a townhouse in the south Hungary agricultural town, the museum contains numerous scenographic jokes at the pomposity and absurdity of the Communist era, including an army of giant sculptures of Workers’ Militiamen sunk waist-deep in the ground.
Photos are by János Szentiváni.
More pictures and a description here.
- Community Centre by Dierendonck Blanck…e
- Eleena Jamil's Vermani House features …raw concrete, a courtyard and a slide
- Whiting Architects adds utilitarian ex…tension to Melbourne residence
- Composite Lounge by Stephen Burks
- Micro House in Tsinghua by Studio Liu …Lubin
- Colombo Residential Development by Mos…he Safdie
- ESGE Ecole Secondaire de Genolierby ip…as
- Grand orange staircase ascends through… science faculty by Saucier + Perrotte
- JGC House by MDBA
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories