Milan update: Dutch outfit Freedom of Creation will launch four new rapid-prototyped products in Milan next month, as shown here.
FOC designer Janne Kyttanen has created three lamps, called Cambrian (above), Falicon (below), and Vasarely; and a fruit tray called Macedonia Tray.
FOC pioneered the use of rapid-prototyping technologies selective laser sintering and stereolithography to produce lamps and other objects, showing their iconic Lily lamp in Milan in 2003.
Below: Macedonia Tray
FOC will present their designs - along with an exhibition called The Smallest Show in Milan (see flyer below) - at Upstairs Event, via Tortona 31.
Times as follows: April 17, 2:00pm Press Preview (by invitation), 7:00pm opening (by invitation); April 18-23, 10.00am to 10:00pm; April 20, until midnight.
- MPGMB's homeware includes terracotta cac…ti pots based on desert forms
- Leimu lamps by Magnus Pettersen for Iitt…ala
- Asimov's First Law scales by Alice Wang
- Bone Armchair by Joris Laarman
- Cut Glasses by John Harrington at design…ersblock
- Minimalux launches Hash grid shelving un…it
- Polygon Crash lamp by Flip Sellin
- Food and Design videos: Kiki van Eijk
- Daphne by 24° Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories