Milan update: Dutch outfit Freedom of Creation will launch four new rapid-prototyped products in Milan next month, as shown here.
FOC designer Janne Kyttanen has created three lamps, called Cambrian (above), Falicon (below), and Vasarely; and a fruit tray called Macedonia Tray.
FOC pioneered the use of rapid-prototyping technologies selective laser sintering and stereolithography to produce lamps and other objects, showing their iconic Lily lamp in Milan in 2003.
Below: Macedonia Tray
FOC will present their designs - along with an exhibition called The Smallest Show in Milan (see flyer below) - at Upstairs Event, via Tortona 31.
Times as follows: April 17, 2:00pm Press Preview (by invitation), 7:00pm opening (by invitation); April 18-23, 10.00am to 10:00pm; April 20, until midnight.
- Pollee by UiWE
- Colour Lights by Maarten De Ceulaer
- Aintree by Tomás Alonso at Vera, Chap…ter One
- Nendo's 3D-moulded light shades use tr…aditional washi paper
- Joris Laarman Lab explores 3D-printed …metal and open-source chair designs in New York exhibition
- Reflections by UNStudio at RETREAT
- JamesPlumb repurposes antique Burnishe…d Indigo fabric for lampshades and sofa upholstery
- Wrapped by Pierre Kracht
- + by Yaroslav Misonzhnikov
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories