Milan update: Dutch outfit Freedom of Creation will launch four new rapid-prototyped products in Milan next month, as shown here.
FOC designer Janne Kyttanen has created three lamps, called Cambrian (above), Falicon (below), and Vasarely; and a fruit tray called Macedonia Tray.
FOC pioneered the use of rapid-prototyping technologies selective laser sintering and stereolithography to produce lamps and other objects, showing their iconic Lily lamp in Milan in 2003.
Below: Macedonia Tray
FOC will present their designs - along with an exhibition called The Smallest Show in Milan (see flyer below) - at Upstairs Event, via Tortona 31.
Times as follows: April 17, 2:00pm Press Preview (by invitation), 7:00pm opening (by invitation); April 18-23, 10.00am to 10:00pm; April 20, until midnight.
- Roots by Kai Linke
- Swell sofa by Jonas Wagell for Normann C…openhagen
- Dezeen curates audio at JamScape in Mila…n
- Showtime by Tobias Rehberger and Claus R…ichter
- Craftica by Formafantasma
- Juuri by Sarah Böttger
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Ready Made Curtain by Ronan and Erwan Bo…uroullec
- Rememberme by Tobias Juretzek for Casama…nia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories