Milan update: Dutch outfit Freedom of Creation will launch four new rapid-prototyped products in Milan next month, as shown here.
FOC designer Janne Kyttanen has created three lamps, called Cambrian (above), Falicon (below), and Vasarely; and a fruit tray called Macedonia Tray.
FOC pioneered the use of rapid-prototyping technologies selective laser sintering and stereolithography to produce lamps and other objects, showing their iconic Lily lamp in Milan in 2003.
Below: Macedonia Tray
FOC will present their designs - along with an exhibition called The Smallest Show in Milan (see flyer below) - at Upstairs Event, via Tortona 31.
Times as follows: April 17, 2:00pm Press Preview (by invitation), 7:00pm opening (by invitation); April 18-23, 10.00am to 10:00pm; April 20, until midnight.
- Copper Lamp 10kg by Tobias Sieber and Sa…muel Treindl
- Very Hungry by Mimijumi
- Emeco's eco-friendly stool by Nendo is "…a system rather than a single piece of furniture"
- Capsule Collection by Ziglam and Brook f…or Deadgood
- WOOD by Ten
- Christien Meindertsma at My Way talks
- Bottleware by Nendo for Coca-Cola
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothersat Vit…ra Design Museum 2
- Round Lamp with a looping stem by Bao-Ng…hi Droste
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories