Design Tide, the annual design festival that takes place in Tokyo, has announced plans for its 2007 event this autumn.
The event, which this year takes place from Wednesday 31 October to Sunday 4 November, will be themed around the concept of "play".
Design Tide has also put out a call for designers and manufacturers to exhibit during Design Tide. A brief for potential participants can be found here.
This year's Design Tide will feature an exhibition, a design market and Tide Extension, in which shops, galleries and cafes in the Aoyama, Harajuku, Shibuya and Roppongi districts of Tokyo collaborate with designers to put on shows and events.
Design Tide takes place at the same time as the 100% Design Tokyo trade show, which will once again be held at Jingu Gaienmae, not far from the Design Tide venues.
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: The Tournament by Jaime Hayón
- Fragiles at Design Miami
- Dezeen Watch Store relaunches
- While You Sleep by Oscar Diaz
- Kulle daybed by Stefanie Schissler featu…res a bobbly surface
- "Can these parts go together and kill so…meone? The answer is yes."
- Dog or Bitch at Konarska-Konarski
- Omer Polak and Michal Evyatar blow dough… into balloons to create colourful snacks
- Y Collection by A+A Cooren for La Redout…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories