Design Tide, the annual design festival that takes place in Tokyo, has announced plans for its 2007 event this autumn.
The event, which this year takes place from Wednesday 31 October to Sunday 4 November, will be themed around the concept of "play".
Design Tide has also put out a call for designers and manufacturers to exhibit during Design Tide. A brief for potential participants can be found here.
This year's Design Tide will feature an exhibition, a design market and Tide Extension, in which shops, galleries and cafes in the Aoyama, Harajuku, Shibuya and Roppongi districts of Tokyo collaborate with designers to put on shows and events.
Design Tide takes place at the same time as the 100% Design Tokyo trade show, which will once again be held at Jingu Gaienmae, not far from the Design Tide venues.
- Bokja for Al Sabah Art & Design Collecti…on
- Celebrating the Cross 1 by Humans Since …1982
- Monochrome marble tableware designed by …Bethan Gray
- Trunks by Malafor
- Empty Light by Amanda Buckley
- London designers create tiny dream rooms… for Museum of Childhood exhibition
- Food Machine by PJADAD encourages collab…orative cooking
- Lightfacet by Bloomming
- Christien Meindertsma at My Way talks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories