Design Tide, the annual design festival that takes place in Tokyo, has announced plans for its 2007 event this autumn.
The event, which this year takes place from Wednesday 31 October to Sunday 4 November, will be themed around the concept of "play".
Design Tide has also put out a call for designers and manufacturers to exhibit during Design Tide. A brief for potential participants can be found here.
This year's Design Tide will feature an exhibition, a design market and Tide Extension, in which shops, galleries and cafes in the Aoyama, Harajuku, Shibuya and Roppongi districts of Tokyo collaborate with designers to put on shows and events.
Design Tide takes place at the same time as the 100% Design Tokyo trade show, which will once again be held at Jingu Gaienmae, not far from the Design Tide venues.
- High-tech lighting installation by Simon… Heijdens creates "3D drawings in water"
- Cord-Chair by Nendo
- 1040 hPa collection by Beton
- Bookinist by Nils Holger Moormann
- Augmented reality road markings and sign…age "could be applied as a digital layer"
- Miyako Andon at 100% Design Tokyo
- Dezeen presents: Menagerie at The Jones
- Interview with Hussein Chalayan
- City Camouflage by Roeland Otten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories