Dezeen is pleased to announce a collaboration with the International Design Forum (IDF), which takes place in Dubai from 27 to 29 May 2007.
Starting today and continuing up to the forum itself next month, dezeen will be working with the IDF to raise awareness of design in the Arab world.
We will be posting key developments relating to the IDF on dezeen, plus in the next few days we will be launching a dedicated blog providing detailed news updates on the forum, as well as on architecture and design projects in the Arab world.
Organised by Moutamarat, the three-day forum will consist of exhibitions, workshops, presentations, debates and experimental sessions. It aims to create “a groundbreaking environment that engages leaders from the worlds of design and business as well as the public, across the Arab world and internationally."
Participants confirmed so far include Zaha Hadid, Rem Koolhaas, Michael Young, Alice Rawsthorn, Oliviero Toscani, Hans-Ulrich Obrist and Karim Rashid.
More details coming soon…
- Samaranch Memorial Museum by HAO and Arc…hiland Beijing
- Equestrian centre on Australia's south c…oast features a curving rammed-earth wall
- Hugh Strange Architects slots architectu…ral archive inside old farmyard barn
- Paper Tower by Shigeru Ban
- Sussex House by Wilkinson King Architect…s boasts cedar-clad walls and a ridged roof
- House 1 and House 2 by TAKA
- Heidelberg Castle Visitor Centre by Max …Dudler
- World Architecture Festival 2012 day one… winners announced
- Pabellon Ultraligero Centrifugo by Clave…l Arquitectos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories