Dezeen is pleased to announce a collaboration with the International Design Forum (IDF), which takes place in Dubai from 27 to 29 May 2007.
Starting today and continuing up to the forum itself next month, dezeen will be working with the IDF to raise awareness of design in the Arab world.
We will be posting key developments relating to the IDF on dezeen, plus in the next few days we will be launching a dedicated blog providing detailed news updates on the forum, as well as on architecture and design projects in the Arab world.
Organised by Moutamarat, the three-day forum will consist of exhibitions, workshops, presentations, debates and experimental sessions. It aims to create “a groundbreaking environment that engages leaders from the worlds of design and business as well as the public, across the Arab world and internationally."
Participants confirmed so far include Zaha Hadid, Rem Koolhaas, Michael Young, Alice Rawsthorn, Oliviero Toscani, Hans-Ulrich Obrist and Karim Rashid.
More details coming soon…
- Blairgowrie House by Wolveridge Archit…ects offers a timber-clad seaside home
- Castleford Bridge by McDowell+Benedett…i
- Canadian Pavilion examines move "from …igloos to internet" in Inuit communities
- East London pavilion by Nonscale is de…signed to resemble a cluster of stars
- 2012 RIBA Awards winners announced
- House in Geochang by Studio GAON
- Peña Blanca by DCPP Arquitectos
- Campbell Sports Centre by Steven Holl …Architects
- House made of solid stone in Lyon by P…erraudin Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories