The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- "The floating illuminated telephone numb…er had no explanation" - Paul Cocksedge
- Web Chair by Junio Design
- Pieke Bergmans for Al Sabah Art & Design… Collection
- Tableware by ICOSAEDRO designed to be pr…inted out at home
- CMYK lamp by Dennis Parren
- Sun Cutter by Markus Kayser
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor traine…rs with soles made of curved pads
- Fredrikson Stallard preview new collecti…on
- Clockwork Love by Tjep.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories