The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- Dezeen Watch Store winter sale: 20% off …best-selling watches
- Vitra launches a lounge chair by Hella J…ongerius in Milan
- Doshi Levien for Moroso 2
- Wind by Maarten Baas
- Antibodies by the Campana Brothers at Vi…tra Design Museum
- Lights by Nathalie Dewez
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- A Scent bottle by Arik Levy for Issey Mi…yake
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories