The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- Dezeen Watch Store relaunches
- Genesy by Zaha Hadid for Artemide
- Book Vases by Laura Cahill
- SWAS tent by Tie Fan
- Rain Room by rAndom International at the… Barbican
- Movie: Nike Zoom Superfly R4
- Bombay Sapphire at the London Design Fes…tival: Seeper at Tent Digital
- Tom Dixon to launch Club series in Milan
- Bouroullecs present carved wooden Uncino… chairs at Salone Internazionale del Mobile
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories