The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- Ariane lamps by Edouard Larmaraud
- Undressed by Jessica Lichtenstein
- Cornetto ice creams by Bompas & Parr glo…w in the dark
- Zipte Link by Michael Young
- Nude by Esther de Groot
- Diller and Scofidio create "mischievous"… leak inside Jean Nouvel's glass gallery
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand-m…ade model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Kano computer kit by MAP
- R¿ng by Sruli Recht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories