The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- 9 X 10: Swarovski Elements at Work
- Tafelstukken by Daphna Isaacs and Lauren…s Manders
- Tasse by Patrick Norguet
- B60 Sloop by John Pawson and Luca Brenta
- Work Sofa by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Aim lamps by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec …for Flos
- Lettera 9 by Demian Conrad
- Wooden poles randomly strike the ground …at Zimoun's installation in New York
- Grcic produces limited edition tables
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories