The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- Houdini Chair by Stefan Diez for e15
- Dezeen at Tokyo Designers Week
- Dezeen Watch Store: Uniform Wares 150 …Series back in stock!
- Invader Storage System by Maria Bruun
- Tube Chair by Plant&Moss
- Dublin UNESCO City of Literature stamp… by The Stone Twins
- Straw by Osko+Deichmann
- Mini Jambox by Jawbone
- Unintended Functions by Nick Allman
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories