The range consists of lightweight polystyrene chairs and occasional tables wrapped in a bandage-like material to give them strength.
The range is a development of work Hans showed last year.
Above: material sample
"Non-structural but lightweight polystyrene bodies are covered with a surprising new polyester plaster material that makes the Fracture Furniture super-strong within a few minutes," says Hans. "The polyester bondage gives Fracture Furniture a textile look. It is coloured through and through. At the moment Fracture Furniture is for Cappellini available in red, pink, white and black."
See all dezeen's coverage of Milan 2007 here
- The Tank by Pharrell Williams
- Resident to launch furniture and lightin…g collection in Milan
- Cellulose tableware that never needs was…hing up
- Santos chair by Joel Escalona
- Interview: Assemblage 1 by Toogood
- Twig Coat Stand by Jamie McLellan
- Dezeen podcast: Dieter Rams at the Desig…n Museum
- New Pinterest board: paper design
- dezeen's new logo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories