Milan update: Freedom of Creation presented what they described as the Smallest Show in Milan, featuring tiny laser-sintered models of their own products.
The show consisted of four versions of new FOC lights and bowls, scaled down to a fortieth of their original size.
Produced to demonstrate the precision that can be achieved with the lastest rapid prototyping machines, the models measured just a few milimetres across yet reproduced every detail of the original.
They are shown here (above) with some pins for scale.
FOC's Janne Kyttanen said: “These are the most amazing things I have ever seen. I have been lucky to have experienced great breakthroughs many times over the years – with our first lamps, with the textiles – but the precision and the beauties of these micro products have very exciting potential for a world of design opportunities encompassing vastly different sectors, from the world of electronics to the mass customization of miniatures for children’s doll houses."
The models were produced by laser-sintering system manufacturer Eos.
>> more on Freedom of Creation in Milan this year in our previous story here
>> see all our stories from Milan 07 here
- rAndom International at Spazio Krizia
- Crush by Fredrikson Stallard at David Gi…ll Galleries
- Frame Sofa by Hyung Suk Cho
- Jan Habraken and Alissia Melka-Teichroew… at Peel Gallery
- Aim lamps by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec …for Flos
- Mr. Matsumoto at Paul Smith
- Big-Game's Hammer Lamp combines traditio…nal and contemporary metalwork
- Zephyr Sofa by Zaha Hadid for Cassina Co…ntract
- Flyknit running footwear by Nike
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories