Milan update: Freedom of Creation presented what they described as the Smallest Show in Milan, featuring tiny laser-sintered models of their own products.
The show consisted of four versions of new FOC lights and bowls, scaled down to a fortieth of their original size.
Produced to demonstrate the precision that can be achieved with the lastest rapid prototyping machines, the models measured just a few milimetres across yet reproduced every detail of the original.
They are shown here (above) with some pins for scale.
FOC's Janne Kyttanen said: “These are the most amazing things I have ever seen. I have been lucky to have experienced great breakthroughs many times over the years – with our first lamps, with the textiles – but the precision and the beauties of these micro products have very exciting potential for a world of design opportunities encompassing vastly different sectors, from the world of electronics to the mass customization of miniatures for children’s doll houses."
The models were produced by laser-sintering system manufacturer Eos.
>> more on Freedom of Creation in Milan this year in our previous story here
>> see all our stories from Milan 07 here
- Interactive dancing traffic lights make …waiting more entertaining
- Drawing vessels by Fumiaki Goto
- Patricia Urquiola designs Mesh outdoor f…urniture collection for Kettal
- Designed in Hackney: Hackney Empireby Ho…use of Hackney
- Patrick Parrish Gallery presents gridded… furniture and matching clothing at Design Miami 2014
- SmokeStack by Frederik Roijé
- Brenno by Francesco Binfaré for Edra
- Slim Chips by Hafsteinn Juliusson
- Sibling's wifi-blocking ON/OFF installat…ion creates a disconnected "cold spot"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories