Called World Carpets, the concept allows people to separately choose a colourway and pattern for their carpets. The pattern is then printed onto the chosen carpet.
The range includes 7 different patterns and 17 colours, allowing consumers to customise their own carpets.
Below is an explanation of the concept from Colorline:
WORLD CARPETS COLLECTION
The concept, created by Marcel Wanders, makes it easy for you to create a personally designed floor in just a few steps. Easily mix and match the 7 different patterns and 17 color schemes using the World Carpets fan deck.
1) Select one, or more, patterns in the fan deck. The 7 different types of patterns are printed on transparent sheets. Select one of the patterns by rotating it out of the deck.
2) Select a color scheme. Make a choice from the 17 different color schemes. Each color in the color scheme has a width of 1 meter and every color scheme consists of 4 colors. (AB color schemes use 8 colors and extend to 8 meters.) Select one of the color schemes and rotate it out of the deck.
3) Overlay the pattern on the color scheme. Now the design is complete. The next step is to choose the quality of the carpet.
4) Select quality of the carpet. The designs can be printed on several types and qualities of broadloom carpets with a width of 400 cm, all suitable for heavy contract use. There is a minimum quantity of 100 m2.
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Thomas Heatherwick Christmas card arrive…s
- Growing products from fungus could be th…e start of a "biotechnological revolution"
- Dining Agenda by Sara Ferrari and Marcel…la Fiori
- Light Movement by Noam Bar Yohai
- Michael Graves' kettle for Alessi was "a… best-seller for 15 years"
- Fathom Mirror by Joe Doucet
- Pylon by Marcus Abrahamsson and Kristoff…er Fagerström for Nola
- The Shell by Maarten Baas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories