Sneak preview: here are some photos showing the installation of TransPlastic, an exhibition of a new series of work by the Campana Brothers, which opens at the Albion Gallery in London on Tuesday 5 June.
The pieces on show are all prototypes exploring a new design vocabulary that involves combining traditional woven Apuí fibre with cheap plastic chairs, crude timber constructions and steel structures.
TransPlastic consists of chairs, lights, large multi-functional furniture pieces and sculptural pieces dotted with lights and called "meteors".
Some of the meteors will be suspended from the gallery ceiling.
Above: Fernando Campana
Above: Humberto Campana
More about TransPlastic and the exhibition at Albion Gallery in our earlier story.
The exhibiton runs until 17 August.
- BN0021 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Makers With Agendas by Julien De Smedt a…nd William Ravn
- Light Shadows by Zero and Orrefors Kosta… Boda
- The Alarming Clock by Natalie Duckett
- Architonic presents Feeling Felt
- Block Watch by Tom Dixon now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- Aalto University students design chairs …from bright blue plywood
- Frank Lloyd Wright Collection by AdamRee…d Tucker and The LEGO Group
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories