Sneak preview: here are some photos showing the installation of TransPlastic, an exhibition of a new series of work by the Campana Brothers, which opens at the Albion Gallery in London on Tuesday 5 June.
The pieces on show are all prototypes exploring a new design vocabulary that involves combining traditional woven Apuí fibre with cheap plastic chairs, crude timber constructions and steel structures.
TransPlastic consists of chairs, lights, large multi-functional furniture pieces and sculptural pieces dotted with lights and called "meteors".
Some of the meteors will be suspended from the gallery ceiling.
Above: Fernando Campana
Above: Humberto Campana
More about TransPlastic and the exhibition at Albion Gallery in our earlier story.
The exhibiton runs until 17 August.
- Tavolo Cobogó by the Campana Brothers
- Designs by Marcel Wanders and Studio Job… feature in Moooi's latest collection
- Desert Storm by Nir Meiri
- Take2 by Rolf Sachs
- Mercury by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Core77 guide to New York design week
- Modernatique by Hyung Suk Cho
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- Postal stores for TNT by Merkx + Girod A…rchitecten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories