Sneak preview: here are some photos showing the installation of TransPlastic, an exhibition of a new series of work by the Campana Brothers, which opens at the Albion Gallery in London on Tuesday 5 June.
The pieces on show are all prototypes exploring a new design vocabulary that involves combining traditional woven Apuí fibre with cheap plastic chairs, crude timber constructions and steel structures.
TransPlastic consists of chairs, lights, large multi-functional furniture pieces and sculptural pieces dotted with lights and called "meteors".
Some of the meteors will be suspended from the gallery ceiling.
Above: Fernando Campana
Above: Humberto Campana
More about TransPlastic and the exhibition at Albion Gallery in our earlier story.
The exhibiton runs until 17 August.
- Free Falling by Ezri Tarazi
- Bridal Veil installation by Louis Sica…rd creates a curtain of water through the forest
- Airborne by Stéphanie Van Zwam
- Apparatus uses metal cylinders and por…celain chains for new lighting designs
- Basic Armchair by Lagranja Design
- Ring Sight by Stuart Bannocks
- Handle Pendants by Josie Morris
- INAHO by Hideki Yoshimoto and Yoshinak…a Ono
- Formafantasma experiment with lava to …create furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories