Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Stella McCartney Milan Store by APA
- Cumulus Studio converts an Art Deco pump… house into a hotel on a Tasmanian lake
- Black-and-white Hong Kong cinema interio…r evokes "old movies"
- 24 Issey Miyake Shop by Nendo
- G Studio Architects creates unfinished a…esthetic in Tokyo loft apartment
- Sasaki Architecture converts Japanese di…sco into offices with floating walls
- Fumo by Super Super
- Siblingsfactory by JDS Architects
- WeSC Concept Store by Arkitekturverksted…et i Oslo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories