Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Google's colourful Madrid headquarters… by Jump Studios
- Nook's Barcelona apartment refurb remo…ves walls but leaves original tiled floors intact
- FAT at Selfridges
- Ring Osaka by Ninkipen!
- Hourai 1111 by Touhoku University of A…rts and Design
- Szwalnia by Karina Wiciak
- Union Restaurant by Aurélie Blanchard
- Genesin Studio renovates Victorian sho…p in Adelaide for Aesop
- Meguro office space by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories