Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Undressed by Jessica Lichtenstein
- Little Chef by Ab Rogers Design
- Renovated apartment by Romero Vallejo Ar…quitectos
- Level Green by J. Mayer H.
- RCA graduates in Harvey Nichols windows
- Apartment Apinagés by Zoom Urbanismo
- Táňa Kmenta Hair Studio by Studio Muon
- Home 07 by i29
- Snog frozen yogurt shop by Cinimod Studi…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories