Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Hopfenburg by Spine Architects
- L’Eclaireur Paris store by Studio Arne… Quinze
- ROC Apeldoorn reception area by Tjep.
- Fashion Studio by Irena Kilibarda
- Vivaldi Tower interior by Merkx + Girod
- D&V Multibrand Store by Guise
- Lolita by Langarita-Navarro Arquitectos
- Dolls by Viktor & Rolf at Studio Job Gal…lery
- Zapiekanka restaurant in Warsaw modelled… on a market booth by MFRMGR
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories