Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Bond & Brook by d-raw
- Sarah Van Peteghem showcases local desig…ners inside Berlin apartment
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collectio…n 2
- Not Wonder Store by Reiichi Ikeda
- Nendo styles Tokyo department store like… a European park
- Casa da Escrita by João Mendes Ribeiro
- Nendo's grid of suspended bookshelves ha…ngs above shoppers in Beige fashion boutique
- Paris New-York by CUT Architectures
- International Triennale of Kogei by Nend…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories