Ostel is a new budget hotel in Berlin that celebrates Communist retro chic.
Rooms are furnished with Communist-era pieces rescued from private houses and second hand shops, and have nostalgic names such as Stasi Suite and Pioneer Camp.
The hotel is located in a former East German housing block in the Berlin Mitte district.
It also contains a Konsum store selling vintage souvenirs from the days of the German Democratic Republic.
- Pabellón Ave Maria entrance hall by Rai…chdelRio
- dezeen loves... Deitch PAPER Art Store
- Rethinking the Waiting Room by Fuelfor
- House for a Painter by Dingle Price Arch…itects
- Nafi by SÜDQUAI patente.unikate. and ZM…IK
- Foldaway Bookshop by Campaign
- New images of Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie… Massaud
- Marcel Wanders launches Crochet Chair
- Café/Bar Z am Park by Aekae
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories