Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Pete…r Zumthor photographed by Hufton + Crow
- Cap House by MMX Studio
- Phoenix Observation Tower by BIG
- House in Kyobate by Naoko Horibe
- Notre Dame Rosary Church by ENIA Archite…cts
- The Scotts Tower by UNStudio
- House in Saka by Suppose Design Office
- The Yas Hotel by Asymptote
- Black on White by Fabi Architekten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories