Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Areal Architecten's Mayerhof retirement …home wraps around two courtyards
- Phillip Lim boutique by Jamo Associates
- Pierres Vives by Zaha Hadid
- Tsai Residence by HHF architects and Ai …Weiwei
- Curving walls eclipse glazed facade of p…ark-side house in Japan by Tsuyoshi Kawata
- Blackened timber reading room extends a …coastal home in northern France
- Embassy of the Czech Republic by Chalupa… Architekti
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Unit…ed States Senate by Rafael Viñoly Architects
- Brutalist buildings: National Theatre, L…ondon by Denys Lasdun
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories