Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Weathered steel and traditional stone co…mbine in Zest Architecture's restored farmhouse
- Chimney Pot Park by Urban Splash
- Saldus Music and Art School by Made
- Black-painted S House by Hammerschmid Pa…chl Seebacher raised up on stilts
- Lightbox House by Edwards Moore
- Sliced Porosity Block by Steven Holl Arc…hitects
- Live from the Design Museum
- Wendy by HWKN
- Adam Richards Architects unites old and …new at Ditchling art and craft museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories