Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Sensing Spaces exhibition opens at the R…oyal Academy
- Bryghusgrunden Project by OMA 2
- Five houses by Carlos Ciravegna cantilev…er out from a rocky hillside in Argentina
- Complex House by Tomohiro Hata
- Chimney Pot Park by Urban Splash
- Honeycomb perforations speckle facade of… Campus Netzwerk office by Format Elf Architekten
- Swiss school extension by Zwimpfer Partn…er and BBK fronted by slender wooden battens
- Pedestrian bridge for La Roche-sur-Yon b…y Bernard Tschumi and Hugh Dutton
- Memory Point by Attila F Kovács
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories