Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Casa Paz by Arturo Franco Office for Arc…hitecture
- Elly Ward's conceptual tower offers a vi…sion of a child-friendly vertical city
- House in Yagi containing an indoor court…yard by Suppose Design Office
- Black-painted seaside house by Dow Jones… mimics local fishermen's sheds
- Dutch holiday home by Korteknie Stuhlmac…her references farmhouses and barns
- World Architecture Festival 2012: MAXXI …by Zaha Hadid
- Jeju Ball by Kengo Kuma and Associates
- Oxley Woods by Rogers Stirk Harbour and …Partners
- Greenpix media wall by Simone Giostra & …Partners 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories