Slovenian architects OFIS have completed two apartment projects, including a block in a mountain village near Ljubljana that is based on local Alpine hayracks (above).
The other project is a development above a shopping market (above and below).
Here is a bit of text from OFIS about the Hayrack Apartments (and a picture of some hayracks):
54 apartments are located in calm town in the alpine region just few minutes from Ljubljana airport. The concept is based on typical alpine verandas running around the building with textures taken from hayrack, fence ornamentals etc ...
Update 20/07/07: We have corrected this story so it refers to "hayracks" and not "hayricks". Thanks to Mike-Air!
- Residence in Kurakuen by NRM-Architect…s Office
- House N by Tomohiro Hata is based on a… traditional Japanese vernacular
- Alwyne Place by Lipton Plant Architect…s
- Black-painted S House by Hammerschmid …Pachl Seebacher raised up on stilts
- Shigita House by Masato Sekiya
- St Mary's Infant School by Jessop and …Cook Architects
- KIVI NIRIA Foyer by AAArchitects
- Casa Orquidea by Andrés Remy Architec…ts
- Common Ground/Different Worlds by Noer…o Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories