Designer Assaf Israel has sent us images and text about his D&A modular seating system.
We'll leave it to Israel to explain:
"My name is Assaf Israel and I am an Israeli product designer, Now living in London. I would like to interest you with a new Product I have designed - D&A modular public sitting system, which brings different people together.
"I attached a general picture of it and in case of interest I will explain you further more about the idea behind it:
D&A Sitting Sphere
A modular sitting system for internal public spaces
The D&A sitting system encourages interaction between people by making the public space more inviting and pleasant. It allows sitting options which vary from formal to non-formal sitting.
This freedom of choice on how to sit makes the users feel more comfortable and open to communicate with each other. The 4 units of the system create a unique landscape, change the atmosphere in the public space and bring us closer together.
The system is made out of rotation-moulded polyethylene which is then covered with foam. The finish is given by spraying flexible polyurethane or by upholstery or fabric.
* Winner of the Saphire prize Bezalel Academy and Citation in Project of the Year competition competition by Israeli Architecture magazine.
- Darum lamp by DAG-designlab
- Marc Newson for G-Star RAW
- The Fragility of Time by Ignacio Canales… Aracil
- Gravel Plant 01 by Mieke Meijer
- Matthew Hilton at 100% Design
- Podcast talk: Alan Aldridge at the Desig…n Museum
- The Tournament by Jaime Hayón
- Trolleys by Anna Kraitz for Källemo
- Wallpaper* editor resigns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories