Designer Assaf Israel has sent us images and text about his D&A modular seating system.
We'll leave it to Israel to explain:
"My name is Assaf Israel and I am an Israeli product designer, Now living in London. I would like to interest you with a new Product I have designed - D&A modular public sitting system, which brings different people together.
"I attached a general picture of it and in case of interest I will explain you further more about the idea behind it:
D&A Sitting Sphere
A modular sitting system for internal public spaces
The D&A sitting system encourages interaction between people by making the public space more inviting and pleasant. It allows sitting options which vary from formal to non-formal sitting.
This freedom of choice on how to sit makes the users feel more comfortable and open to communicate with each other. The 4 units of the system create a unique landscape, change the atmosphere in the public space and bring us closer together.
The system is made out of rotation-moulded polyethylene which is then covered with foam. The finish is given by spraying flexible polyurethane or by upholstery or fabric.
* Winner of the Saphire prize Bezalel Academy and Citation in Project of the Year competition competition by Israeli Architecture magazine.
- Czech designer aims to tackle sex-toy …stereotypes with range of eggs and a vibrator
- SixE stacking chairs by PearsonLloyd f…or HOWE
- Alegre Design updates traditional brea…stfeeding chair with contemporary materials and shapes
- Otto by Paolo Cappello for Miniforms
- Secret Operation 610 by Rietveld Lands…cape and Studio Frank Havermans
- Dezeen Watch Store: Grow by Andrea Mor…gante for Alessi
- Studio Makkink & Bey adds industrial p…layground to Mecanoo's Reimerswaalhof housing
- Walking City dresses by Ying Gao
- Wedgwoodn’t by Michael Eden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories