Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs has teamed up with Swarovski Crystal Palace, sponsors of this year's London Design Festival, to create a series of short movies recording the highlights of the festival, which started this weekend.
Fairs will film and edit a film a day from today until 25 September, capturing events across London and featuring interviews with leading figures from the design world.
The first film, featuring interviews with Nadja Swarovski (above) and Moritz Waldemeyer (below) and showing the installation of Swarovski Crystal Palace chandeliers at the Royal Festival Hall on London's South Bank, can be viewed here.
Further films will be uploaded to swarovskisparkles.tv each day.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- TransPlastic by Campana Brothers 2
- Dervish by Item for Innermost
- Hand-drawn animated music video by Rosan…na Wan for Tom Rosenthal
- Design Museum shows Fredrikson Stallard
- The Trestle by Bénédicte de Lescure fo…r La Corbeille
- New Amsterdam Chair by UNStudio for Wild…e + Spieth
- Ume-play and Karakusa-play ceramics by N…endo
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
- Dezeen Watch Store: Iconograph chronogra…ph by Werner Aisslinger
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories