Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs has teamed up with Swarovski Crystal Palace, sponsors of this year's London Design Festival, to create a series of short movies recording the highlights of the festival, which started this weekend.
Fairs will film and edit a film a day from today until 25 September, capturing events across London and featuring interviews with leading figures from the design world.
The first film, featuring interviews with Nadja Swarovski (above) and Moritz Waldemeyer (below) and showing the installation of Swarovski Crystal Palace chandeliers at the Royal Festival Hall on London's South Bank, can be viewed here.
Further films will be uploaded to swarovskisparkles.tv each day.
Films in the series:
Day 1: Moritz Waldemeyer and Nadja Swarovksi
Day 2: Tom Dixon's lighting installation in Trafalgar Square
Day 3: Zaha Hadid's Urban Nebula installation
Day 4: Future Systems and Ross Lovegrove
Day 5: Trash Luxe at Liberty
Day 6: Hulger and SHOWstudio
Day 7: Maarten Baas, Design Museum, Lomography project
Day 8: 100% Design, Jamie Hayon, Matthew Hilton, Libby Sellers
Day 9: designersblock, Tent London
- Francis Bitonti and New Skins Workshop s…tudents 3D-print flexible dress on a MakerBot
- r5.5 by Jasper Morrison for Rado
- Cast series by Tom Dixon
- New 152 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Clocks, timers and thermometers by plusm…inuszero
- Furniture to last 300 years by Brikolör
- To The Victor – The Spoils! by Airside
- Monster Chair by Marcel Wanders for Mooo…i
- Andrea Branzi at Fondation Cartier
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories