Architect Tadao Ando has designed a new contemporary arts centre in Venice for luxury goods tycoon François Pinault.
The project will convert the historic Punta della Dogana building into a space for part of the François Pinault collection and will open in 2009.
The sketches shown here are by Ando.
FRANCOIS PINAULT AND TADAO ANDO UNVEIL PLANS FOR A MAJOR NEW CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTRE IN VENICE
François Pinault and Tadao Ando have unveiled plans for a permanent contemporary arts centre in the Punta della Dogana building in Venice, scheduled to open to the public to coincide with the next Visual Arts Biennale in 2009.
The new Centre will provide a second exhibition space in Venice for contemporary art from the François Pinault Collection, as well as works of 20th century Venetian art.
Tadao Ando (b. 1941) established the firm Tadao Ando Architects & Associates in 1969. In 1995 he won the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
He designed the installation of the François Pinault Collection at the Palazzo Grassi which opened in May 2006.
- G-Star Raw pavilion at Tokyo Designer’…s Week
- Single concrete leg props a staircase in…side converted Primrose Hill garage by Patalab
- Rammed earth walls surround Craigieburn …Library by Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp
- Coal Mill by Atelier Hoffman
- Blok 1 by GROUP A
- The Rothschild Foundation by Stephen Mar…shall Architects
- Domo Dom house by Tadeusz Lemanski arche…s up to face the sky
- New Acropolis Museum by Bernard Tschumi …Architects
- Step Tower by EASTERN Design Office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories