Architect Tadao Ando has designed a new contemporary arts centre in Venice for luxury goods tycoon François Pinault.
The project will convert the historic Punta della Dogana building into a space for part of the François Pinault collection and will open in 2009.
The sketches shown here are by Ando.
FRANCOIS PINAULT AND TADAO ANDO UNVEIL PLANS FOR A MAJOR NEW CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTRE IN VENICE
François Pinault and Tadao Ando have unveiled plans for a permanent contemporary arts centre in the Punta della Dogana building in Venice, scheduled to open to the public to coincide with the next Visual Arts Biennale in 2009.
The new Centre will provide a second exhibition space in Venice for contemporary art from the François Pinault Collection, as well as works of 20th century Venetian art.
Tadao Ando (b. 1941) established the firm Tadao Ando Architects & Associates in 1969. In 1995 he won the Pritzker Architecture Prize.
He designed the installation of the François Pinault Collection at the Palazzo Grassi which opened in May 2006.
- Villa Paya-Paya by Aboday architects
- Bow House by Edwards Moore has a narrow …middle that frames a patio
- Sky is the Limit by Didier Faustino
- Grand orange staircase ascends through s…cience faculty by Saucier + Perrotte
- Boomslang walkway by Mark Thomas and Hen…ry Fagan extends over a forest canopy
- The Shard by Renzo Piano Building Worksh…op
- Optical Glass House by Hiroshi Nakamura …& NAP
- Liiva House by Muru & Pere
- Snøhetta show winning Emirates complex
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories