The Campana Brothers have sent us a photo of Terrastool, their contribution to the Tabourets (Stools) exhibition at Galerie Kreo in Paris.
Here too are a couple of photos of the exhibition, which presents 23 specially commissioned, limited edition stools by many designers.
Read about the exhibition and see more images in our earlier story, plus there is an image of Jasper Morrison's stool here. The exhibition closed today (13 October).
Here is some text from the Campanas:
"This idea was born from a research that experimented with different kinds of materials, that were gathered together to construct an object without any structure, where the materials would sustain themselves. This investigation originated a series of chairs, the sushi chairs, where little by little the structure became more two-dimensional, almost like a painting, just as the cushion on this seat. This piece takes their work one step further as they have chosen to worked with ceramic, a material that has rarely been used on their designs.”
Designed by Fernando and Humberto Campana
Produced by Galerie Kreo
Limited edition of 26 pieces
Photo © Fabrice GOUSSET
COURTESY GALERIE KREO
- Cutting Edge sofa by Martijn Rigters cut… from block of foam using hot wires
- Grand by Monica Förster for Offecct
- Ross Lovegrove designs 3D-printed gold j…ewellery
- Hybreed by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Whittle Chair by Karen Ryan
- Gaudi Chair by Studio Geenen
- Design Indaba videos: Revital Cohen
- Urban-C by Jennifer Newman
- Cocoon by Tanya Shukstelinsky
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories