Called Babel Blocks, the five figurines are sold as a set that is described as "a souvenir of New York’s religious and cultural diversity".
The figures are called Mary, Chen, Nafisa, Jose and Moishe, who "all have their own pages on MySpace," according to the Boyms. The set can be bought at Moss, the Shop at Cooper-Hewitt, or at www.boym.com (where it costs $75 plus shipping).
- Bookbinder Shelf and bedroom furniture b…y Florian Hauswirth
- 6x3 Burr Puzzle Table by Petar Zaharinov
- Comme des Garçons swaddles models in fa…bric cocoons for Autumn Winter 2015
- Cajal sofas and armchair by Gunilla Alla…rd balance seats on thin metal frames
- Virtual reality: the 1990s technology se…t to change the world of design
- Ribbons for Japan by John Pawson
- Cord-Chair by Nendo
- Doshi Levien designs jewel-like mirrors …for Hay
- Work with Indian craftsmen to keep handc…rafting skills alive, says designer Prateek Jain
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories