Called Babel Blocks, the five figurines are sold as a set that is described as "a souvenir of New York’s religious and cultural diversity".
The figures are called Mary, Chen, Nafisa, Jose and Moishe, who "all have their own pages on MySpace," according to the Boyms. The set can be bought at Moss, the Shop at Cooper-Hewitt, or at www.boym.com (where it costs $75 plus shipping).
- Zuiderzee Settings by Kiki van Eijk
- Dezeen's top 10 cycling designs of 2014
- Gorge by Ramei Keum
- Front win Designer of the Future Award
- Déjà Vu by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Monocle lamp by Rich Brilliant Willing
- Mortaise by Yota Kakuda for Ligne Roset
- Two-timer by Industrial Facility
- Visionaire 55 Surprise
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories