Called Babel Blocks, the five figurines are sold as a set that is described as "a souvenir of New York’s religious and cultural diversity".
The figures are called Mary, Chen, Nafisa, Jose and Moishe, who "all have their own pages on MySpace," according to the Boyms. The set can be bought at Moss, the Shop at Cooper-Hewitt, or at www.boym.com (where it costs $75 plus shipping).
- Prostheses by Tomer Sapir
- Alexander Wang designs furniture range f…or Poltrona Frau
- Arctic Circle Airport by Narud Stokke Wi…ig and Haptic
- Man-made marble by Max Lamb used to crea…te camouflaged furniture installation
- OPUS Shop by Paradox Studio
- Nude by Esther de Groot
- Endless Stair by dRMM
- Hayo Gebauer's Moiré Mirror rotates to …reveal changing patterns
- Sight Unseen commissions Memphis-influen…ced print collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories