Design Miami 07: Dutch designer Maarten Baas has created a limited edition of his Clay fans with a chrome glaze.
The fans, called Wind, come in three sizes and were presented by Moss at Design Miami over the weekend.
Here's a bit of info from Moss:
Wind by Maarten Baas, the Netherlands
a series of monumental electric fans, hand-sculpted in chrome-glazed industrial clay, applied over a metal skeleton
Each fan is hand-made by Baas; each size is produced in a signed and numbered limited edition of 8 pieces, exclusive to Moss. Maarten Baas’s work in clay address the issue of form-giving in industrial design, revealing, literally, the designer’s ‘hand’ in this intimate process, today normally concealed through the use of a computer (but there, none-the-less).
Baas’s use of the clay-modeling technique, traditionally employed in rendering the human form from life-study, magnifies the sculptural quality inherent in all functional objects.
- Axor Bouroullec + ECAL
- "It's not what you'd expect a particle a…ccelerator to look like" - Chris Hatherill of Super/Collider
- "People who don't like Comic Sans don't …know anything about design"
- Richard Hutten's X-Chair for Moroso is d…esigned to be seen from behind
- Interview: Jerszy Seymour at Qubique 201…1
- designjunction "breaks the mould of the …traditional trade show"
- Kristina Cranfeld amplifies and distorts… facial expressions with Ownership of the Face masks
- Market by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for P…etite Friture
- "Smart" bicycle by Vanhawks gives direct…ions with flashing lights and vibrating safety alerts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories