Design Miami 07: Dutch designer Maarten Baas has created a limited edition of his Clay fans with a chrome glaze.
The fans, called Wind, come in three sizes and were presented by Moss at Design Miami over the weekend.
Here's a bit of info from Moss:
Wind by Maarten Baas, the Netherlands
a series of monumental electric fans, hand-sculpted in chrome-glazed industrial clay, applied over a metal skeleton
Each fan is hand-made by Baas; each size is produced in a signed and numbered limited edition of 8 pieces, exclusive to Moss. Maarten Baas’s work in clay address the issue of form-giving in industrial design, revealing, literally, the designer’s ‘hand’ in this intimate process, today normally concealed through the use of a computer (but there, none-the-less).
Baas’s use of the clay-modeling technique, traditionally employed in rendering the human form from life-study, magnifies the sculptural quality inherent in all functional objects.
- Eat Drink Design at Dutch Design Week
- GrandArmy rebrands United States Postal …Service with "Americana" graphics
- Tom Dixon to launch metal home and offic…e accessories in Paris
- Felt Up by Charlotte Kingsnorth
- Interview: K01 by Marc Newson for Pentax
- Arche Toys by Floris Hovers
- Forest Spoon by Nendo
- Hoog en Droog by Jephte Francissen
- Rise for Japan by Milton Glaser
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories