Design Miami 07: Dutch designer Maarten Baas has created a limited edition of his Clay fans with a chrome glaze.
The fans, called Wind, come in three sizes and were presented by Moss at Design Miami over the weekend.
Here's a bit of info from Moss:
Wind by Maarten Baas, the Netherlands
a series of monumental electric fans, hand-sculpted in chrome-glazed industrial clay, applied over a metal skeleton
Each fan is hand-made by Baas; each size is produced in a signed and numbered limited edition of 8 pieces, exclusive to Moss. Maarten Baas’s work in clay address the issue of form-giving in industrial design, revealing, literally, the designer’s ‘hand’ in this intimate process, today normally concealed through the use of a computer (but there, none-the-less).
Baas’s use of the clay-modeling technique, traditionally employed in rendering the human form from life-study, magnifies the sculptural quality inherent in all functional objects.
- Air Access by Priestmangoode
- 2 Million & 1 AD by Austin Houldsworth
- Fragile Beasts sculpture made from paper… by Łódź University of Technology students
- Bertha by Donna Wilson for SCP at MOST
- Mother's Day gift ideas from Dezeen Watc…h Store
- Benjamin Hubert dresses up dining chairs… with Talma collection for Moroso
- Gogoro launches electric smartscooter to… combat pollution in megacities
- W101 by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Wäst…berg
- Stick-lets by Christina Kazakia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories