Buildings of Disaster are architectural miniatures of infamous buildings including the Neverland Ranch (above - non-gold version) and New Orleans Superdome (below).
The collection was launched at Moss, who sent this info:
Buildings of Disaster: 24k Gold Anniversary Edition
by Constantin Boym and Laurene Leon Boym, USA
Commemorating the 10th anniversary of their infamous architectural models, the gold set of eight buildings is produced in a signed and numbered limited edition 10. Laser 24K gold plating on bonded metal.
The eight buildings are: Neverland Ranch, WTC 9/11, OJ Car Chase, Pentagon 9/11, Watergate, Oklahoma City Federal Building, Unabomber, and Waco, Texas.
Souvenirs of human tragedy, even violent events, are a part of our object-history. Each year hoards of people visit the battlefield of Gettysburg, as well as the site of the car crash which killed Diana, Princess of Wales. With their Buildings of Disaster series (begun in 1997 and continuing today), the Boym’s created replicas of famous structures where some tragic or terrible events took place, and offered them as ‘souvenirs’ for our time.
- Dolly by Ross McBride for Normann Copenh…agen
- Sugar dance by Linda Florence
- Dezeen Platform: Jan Rose
- Moritz Waldemeyer with Hussein Chalayan
- Mouth Factory by Cheng Guo
- New products by Discipline
- Joyrider by Moritz Waldemeyer
- Collection Wajima by Bouroullec Brothers
- Roll & Hill presents seven new product l…ines in New York
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories