Buildings of Disaster are architectural miniatures of infamous buildings including the Neverland Ranch (above - non-gold version) and New Orleans Superdome (below).
The collection was launched at Moss, who sent this info:
Buildings of Disaster: 24k Gold Anniversary Edition
by Constantin Boym and Laurene Leon Boym, USA
Commemorating the 10th anniversary of their infamous architectural models, the gold set of eight buildings is produced in a signed and numbered limited edition 10. Laser 24K gold plating on bonded metal.
The eight buildings are: Neverland Ranch, WTC 9/11, OJ Car Chase, Pentagon 9/11, Watergate, Oklahoma City Federal Building, Unabomber, and Waco, Texas.
Souvenirs of human tragedy, even violent events, are a part of our object-history. Each year hoards of people visit the battlefield of Gettysburg, as well as the site of the car crash which killed Diana, Princess of Wales. With their Buildings of Disaster series (begun in 1997 and continuing today), the Boym’s created replicas of famous structures where some tragic or terrible events took place, and offered them as ‘souvenirs’ for our time.
- Nendo adds boat shoes and a crystal ches…s set to its diverse portfolio
- Designed in Hackney: London 2012 Olympic… Torch by BarberOsgerby
- Coat Hanger by Naruse Inokuma Architects
- Dezeen Watch Store Summer sale: 40% off …Neko by SANAA for Alessi
- "Digital technology will continue to dis…appear"
- Zsanett Szirmay turns cross-stitch patte…rns into musical scores
- Threads for Cockaigne woven fashion coll…ection by Martijn van Strien
- I.V. Plant Pot by Vitamin
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories