We'll let Nosigner explain it:
Nosigner designed the space design for TECHTILE exhibition at the university of Tokyo.
TECHTILE exhibition mainly staged by 2 researchers of the university, Yasuaki Kakehi, Masashi Nakatani and nosigner. The exhibition focuses at integration of tactile design & latest tactile technology. Nosigner designed visual identities & space design.
Here is the description for the space design.
I was wondering about the primordial tactile experience
before I designed the space.
And finally, I realized the thermal sensing like touching ice
is one of the most primitive tactile experience.
In this exhibition design, I tried to make the space
where recall the memory of tactual sensation of ice.
'Tacticicle' is the trial to make huge icicle made from food wrap film.
Huge icicle tubes are made from food wrap film more than 10000m.
You can feel as if your own body get iced in the space.
- Jambox by Yves Behar at The Temporium
- Inga Sempé unveils quilt-covered Ruché… armchair for Ligne Roset
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- Calvert Brody typeface by Margaret Calve…rt, Neville Brody and Henrik Kubel
- Glacier by Brodie Neill at SuperDesign
- Work Sofa by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Pivot by Shay Alkalay
- Les Ailes Noires by +tongtong
- Ski suits with solar-powered lights by W…illy Bogner
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories