We'll let Nosigner explain it:
Nosigner designed the space design for TECHTILE exhibition at the university of Tokyo.
TECHTILE exhibition mainly staged by 2 researchers of the university, Yasuaki Kakehi, Masashi Nakatani and nosigner. The exhibition focuses at integration of tactile design & latest tactile technology. Nosigner designed visual identities & space design.
Here is the description for the space design.
I was wondering about the primordial tactile experience
before I designed the space.
And finally, I realized the thermal sensing like touching ice
is one of the most primitive tactile experience.
In this exhibition design, I tried to make the space
where recall the memory of tactual sensation of ice.
'Tacticicle' is the trial to make huge icicle made from food wrap film.
Huge icicle tubes are made from food wrap film more than 10000m.
You can feel as if your own body get iced in the space.
- Tenon by Yota Kakuda
- Marjan van Aubel's "stained glass wind…ow" harvests solar energy to charge mobile phones
- Modern Primitives by Aranda\Lasch
- Federico Babina creates Archibet, an i…llustrated alphabet of architects
- RCA Fashion 2013 collection by Xiao Li
- A Pile of Suitcases by Maarten de Ceul…aer
- Movie: tour of Design Interactions at …Show RCA 2012 with Tony Dunne
- MPGMB's homeware includes terracotta c…acti pots based on desert forms
- Folding Techniques for Designers: span…s and parabolas by Paul Jackson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories