We'll let Nosigner explain it:
Nosigner designed the space design for TECHTILE exhibition at the university of Tokyo.
TECHTILE exhibition mainly staged by 2 researchers of the university, Yasuaki Kakehi, Masashi Nakatani and nosigner. The exhibition focuses at integration of tactile design & latest tactile technology. Nosigner designed visual identities & space design.
Here is the description for the space design.
I was wondering about the primordial tactile experience
before I designed the space.
And finally, I realized the thermal sensing like touching ice
is one of the most primitive tactile experience.
In this exhibition design, I tried to make the space
where recall the memory of tactual sensation of ice.
'Tacticicle' is the trial to make huge icicle made from food wrap film.
Huge icicle tubes are made from food wrap film more than 10000m.
You can feel as if your own body get iced in the space.
- Matali Crasset's Self-made Seat is a sof…a made from modules that can be carried like suitcases
- Objects for the Neighbour at Passagen
- Tre by Jonas Trampedach for Arco
- Clamped Stools by Daniel Glazman
- New 104 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Great Camp Collection by Paul Loebach
- Movie: Thomas Heatherwick on designing a… boat for the Loire
- Nendo creates chocolatey waves for Maiso…n&Objet installation
- Simple Convenience iron by Laura Nelson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories