Bulbs are sand-blasted with a range of patterns that project onto the wall, or onto a removable flat glass shade.
Here's some text from Zero, which basically repeats what we've just said:
Light Shadows are developed together with Orrefors Kostaboda. The tall, slender standard lamp features a removable, flat shade. When the lamp is lit, shadows are projected on the shade by the patterns sand-blasted into the bulb.
If the shade is removed, the lamp becomes more strictly graphic, like a mere emblem of a lamp. Light Shadows is sold by Orrefors. For more information: www.orrefors.com
- Numerouno cardboard lamp by Johannes Kie…ssler
- Eggwave by WertelOberfell for Neff
- Lloyd Table by Christoph Seyferth
- Tea House for Robots by Rootoftwo and PL…Y Architecture
- Arne Quinze for Jaga 2
- Österlen by Inga Sempé for Gärsnäs
- Link by PearsonLloyd
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Different glasses stack together in Ding…3000's La Famiglia set
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories