Bulbs are sand-blasted with a range of patterns that project onto the wall, or onto a removable flat glass shade.
Here's some text from Zero, which basically repeats what we've just said:
Light Shadows are developed together with Orrefors Kostaboda. The tall, slender standard lamp features a removable, flat shade. When the lamp is lit, shadows are projected on the shade by the patterns sand-blasted into the bulb.
If the shade is removed, the lamp becomes more strictly graphic, like a mere emblem of a lamp. Light Shadows is sold by Orrefors. For more information: www.orrefors.com
- Finger Farm and Finger Fairytale by H√…©ctor Serrano
- Dezeen Watch Store January sale
- Driverless cars and OLED headlights by… Audi at CES 2013
- Mater ethical homeware brand
- Trapets by Note Design Studio for Zero
- Cecilie Manz's Knot Trestle for Menu s…waps screws for leather strips
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Florian Schm…id
- Neko by Sanaa for Alessi at Dezeen Wat…ch Store
- Chimney by Benjamin Hubert for Viaduct
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories