Smoking in public buildings was banned in France on 1 January this year, so Paris architect Florian Brillet has designed an adjustable hood to keep smokers cosy outside bars and cafes.
Smoker Bell is a helmet-like hood with integrated drinks stand, attached to a wall by an articulated arm.
"France, 1st of January...smokers get out!" writes Brillet. "This new law creates a lots of reactions (positive of course...), but also shows the need of new spaces outside bars and restaurants. SMOKER BELL is a proposal for a temporary space, which can host 2 people for coffee time and cigarette..."
- Paolo Ulian and Moreno Ratti shape mar…ble vase with a hammer
- Vendôme by Kram/Weisshaar
- ThisWay by Torkel Dohmers
- Oskar Zieta at DMY Berlin
- Don't Run shoe factory brings producti…on line to local high streets
- Bel-Air by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- Moritz Putzier designs Cooking Table f…or collaborative meal preparation
- "Bosnian handicraft meets Scandinavian… design" in Monica Förster's range for Zanat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories