Smoking in public buildings was banned in France on 1 January this year, so Paris architect Florian Brillet has designed an adjustable hood to keep smokers cosy outside bars and cafes.
Smoker Bell is a helmet-like hood with integrated drinks stand, attached to a wall by an articulated arm.
"France, 1st of January...smokers get out!" writes Brillet. "This new law creates a lots of reactions (positive of course...), but also shows the need of new spaces outside bars and restaurants. SMOKER BELL is a proposal for a temporary space, which can host 2 people for coffee time and cigarette..."
- Branch Out by Studiomama for TEN
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- A Glossary for Successful Collaborations… by Form Us With Love
- G-Star Raw ferry
- Pond by Nendo for Moroso
- Federico Babina creates "a Las Vegas of …architecture" with famous quotes
- More new photos of Vitra Edition
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- Prima installation by Zaha Hadid for Swa…rovski at Vitra Campus
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories