Smoking in public buildings was banned in France on 1 January this year, so Paris architect Florian Brillet has designed an adjustable hood to keep smokers cosy outside bars and cafes.
Smoker Bell is a helmet-like hood with integrated drinks stand, attached to a wall by an articulated arm.
"France, 1st of January...smokers get out!" writes Brillet. "This new law creates a lots of reactions (positive of course...), but also shows the need of new spaces outside bars and restaurants. SMOKER BELL is a proposal for a temporary space, which can host 2 people for coffee time and cigarette..."
- Christien Meindertsma at My Way talks
- OS & OOS upholsters Keystone chair in Ra…f Simons' Kvadrat textiles
- Dezeen Screen: Sweeper Clock by Maarten …Baas
- Shop&Show by Tracey Neuls
- King Edison pendant lamp by Young & Batt…aglia for Mineheart
- Isle Lounge (small) by Asobi
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
- ODO and CODO by Digital Forming
- Dezeen Watch Store at London Design Fest…ival
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories