Smoking in public buildings was banned in France on 1 January this year, so Paris architect Florian Brillet has designed an adjustable hood to keep smokers cosy outside bars and cafes.
Smoker Bell is a helmet-like hood with integrated drinks stand, attached to a wall by an articulated arm.
"France, 1st of January...smokers get out!" writes Brillet. "This new law creates a lots of reactions (positive of course...), but also shows the need of new spaces outside bars and restaurants. SMOKER BELL is a proposal for a temporary space, which can host 2 people for coffee time and cigarette..."
- Klemens Schillinger casts concrete acces…sories to resemble "ancient architectural archetypes"
- Chair-4a by Michael Young
- Dora by Jeong Yong
- Movie: tour of Innovation Design Enginee…ring at Show RCA 2012 with Miles Pennington
- Wind by Maarten Baas
- Giambattista Valli shows haute-couture c…ollection in Paris
- Interview with Matthew Hilton
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Florian Schmid
- Z.Car by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories