Meneau envisages the hut as a refuge from the world where exposure to the elements helps to re-balance those who choose to spend time there.
The flexible structure flexes with the weather and waves.
Here's some text from Meneau:
ETIENNE MENEAU sculptures
When all goes well, when bore threatening,
Take your boat and go to live a while
In your hut in the middle of a lake.
Here you will recover instability:
Every wave becomes dangerous,
Even words must be weighed.
And with a little luck,
Everything will be swept away...
The elastic houses are made for those who like instability and feeling precarious, who like to be awakened by the sound of the rain, those who like to sleep under upturned boats.
They will be recalled at any time to the realities of gravity, rocked by wind and earthquakes.
The elastic houses therefore demand of their inhabitants a strong sense of balance and a real taste for experimentation.
- Future tourists could "travel the virtua…l world instead of the physical"
- Danish Maritime Museum by Bjarke Ingels …Group
- Timber gallery sits above the veranda of… Salmela Architect's lakeside retreat
- Logroño Montecorvo Eco City by MVRDV an…d GRAS
- Robots of Brixton by Kibwe Tavares
- Tyršův Stadion by QARTA Architektura
- Denton Corker Marshall's "mysterious bla…ck box" is Australia's new Venice biennale pavilion
- Playhouse by Bach Arquitectes
- BLALYS by Suga Architects Office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories