Meneau envisages the hut as a refuge from the world where exposure to the elements helps to re-balance those who choose to spend time there.
The flexible structure flexes with the weather and waves.
Here's some text from Meneau:
ETIENNE MENEAU sculptures
When all goes well, when bore threatening,
Take your boat and go to live a while
In your hut in the middle of a lake.
Here you will recover instability:
Every wave becomes dangerous,
Even words must be weighed.
And with a little luck,
Everything will be swept away...
The elastic houses are made for those who like instability and feeling precarious, who like to be awakened by the sound of the rain, those who like to sleep under upturned boats.
They will be recalled at any time to the realities of gravity, rocked by wind and earthquakes.
The elastic houses therefore demand of their inhabitants a strong sense of balance and a real taste for experimentation.
- Megalomania by Jonathan Gales
- Icelandic Opera House by Arkitema and …Arkthing
- Hutong Bubble 32 by MAD
- Movie: Library and Learning Centre in …Vienna by Zaha Hadid Architects
- Photographer's Studio over a boat hous…e on Stoney Lake by GH3
- 10 architecture and design exhibitions… we're looking forward to in 2015
- Anchorage Museum Expansion by David Ch…ipperfield Architects
- René van Zuuk creates a wavy pier wit…h an integrated lightbox over an Almere lake
- L’Atelier des Enfants at the Centre …Pompidou by Mathieu Lehanneur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories