The rough-surfaced painted chairs, tables and candelabras are made by cutting pine on a band-saw and have been created for a restaurant Fager is designing for Swedish chef Tommy Myllymäkis. Grovhugget is Swedish for "rustic".
Here's a short description from Fager:
Grovugget anno 2008 is made for Tommy Myllymäkis, 2007 Chef of the year in Sweden, restaurant at Julita gård, Sörmland. It is a part of my interior for the restaurant. The idea is based on naive cartoon sketches turned into 3-dimensional, surrealistic usable furnitures.
- Clamp Desk by Paul Coudamy & Benoit Coul…ondres
- Bio-Customized Sneakers by Rayfish
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick
- Willmann Vase by Hanne Willmann has a gl…ass base and a concrete lid
- Cloud Walk Chandelier by Yu Jordy Fu
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
- Looks Like Music by Yuri Suzuki
- A Very Modern Royal Wedding by KK Outlet
- Olson Kundig Architects based Design Mia…mi lounge on historic lumber yards
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories