The rough-surfaced painted chairs, tables and candelabras are made by cutting pine on a band-saw and have been created for a restaurant Fager is designing for Swedish chef Tommy Myllymäkis. Grovhugget is Swedish for "rustic".
Here's a short description from Fager:
Grovugget anno 2008 is made for Tommy Myllymäkis, 2007 Chef of the year in Sweden, restaurant at Julita gård, Sörmland. It is a part of my interior for the restaurant. The idea is based on naive cartoon sketches turned into 3-dimensional, surrealistic usable furnitures.
- Mesa by Zaha Hadid
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Panna Chair install…ation at Moroso in New York
- Plants grow inside Maxim Scherbakov's ma…rble Sputnik-5 table
- Stone Blind and Qanah by Sruli Recht
- Interview: BarberOsgerby on designing th…e Olympic Torch
- Moshimy by Michael Young for Native Unio…n
- "The current trend is to have an outdoor… kitchen"
- Voltage by Iris van Herpen with Neri Oxm…an and Julia Koerner
- Top Secrets of Finland by Company
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories