The rough-surfaced painted chairs, tables and candelabras are made by cutting pine on a band-saw and have been created for a restaurant Fager is designing for Swedish chef Tommy Myllymäkis. Grovhugget is Swedish for "rustic".
Here's a short description from Fager:
Grovugget anno 2008 is made for Tommy Myllymäkis, 2007 Chef of the year in Sweden, restaurant at Julita gård, Sörmland. It is a part of my interior for the restaurant. The idea is based on naive cartoon sketches turned into 3-dimensional, surrealistic usable furnitures.
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected g…arden with Edyn
- Totem de.dos by Brut Deluxe Architecture… + Design
- Using traditional crafts in design is no…t "sentimental" says Sebastian Cox
- New Jawbone by Yves Béhar
- False Friends by Coarse
- Swing Bar by Duffy London
- Favourite Things by Chen Karlsson
- Arne Quinze at Swarovski Crystal Palace
- Louis Vuitton realises unbuilt Charlotte… Perriand beach house in Miami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories