South African designer Ryan Frank has sent in a couple of images of ZiG, a new shelving system he will be showing in Milan during the furniture fair in April.
Made of bamboo and set on castors, ZiG has been commissioned by Milanese gallery Post Design at Via Della Moscova 27.
Here's some info from the gallery:
Furniture designer Ryan Frank to exhibit at historical Milanese Gallery
Milan 16 April 2008
The renowned gallery, Post Design, which has hosted big names such as Martine Bedin, Ettore Sottsass, Enzo Cucchi, Nanda Vigo and Ron Arad, will now represent South African designer Ryan Frank.
Alberto Bianchi Albrici commissioned Ryan to design a piece that will be exhibited at his Milan based gallery during and after the furniture fair in April.
Ryan’s new creation is called ‘ZiG’ a modular display/storage system made from solid bamboo. The unit’s castor wheels allows for ease of movement – linking these units creates a continuous array of striking negative spaces. ZiG will be available in a variety of naturally stained colours.
Ryan’s collection of ‘free-range’ furniture makes frequent use of sustainable and salvaged materials and has subsequently received sustainability awards for 2006 and 2007 at the Annual Hidden Art Awards.
- THINKK Studio's Lanna Factory machine …produces customisable lampshades
- Forrest Myers at Hedge Gallery
- Levels lamp by Form Us With Love for O…ne Nordic
- BlancoWhite by Estudi Arola for Santa …& Cole
- Mindcraft by Danish Crafts
- Slim by Bevk Perovic for Vertigo Bird
- slim&strong by Delphine Frey
- Glamour Factory by Studio Job and Vikt…or & Rolf
- Antony Gormley occupies French gallery… with monumental metal sculptures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories