The aim was to show off individual lighting products from Italian manufacturer Foscarini by displaying their potential for combinations in larger spaces.
The following text is from Foscarini:
FOSCARINI: FIBER EVOLUTION
Mite, Tite, Kite, Twiggy. From serial products to sculptures
Stockholm, 6th February 2008 - Coinciding with the Stockholm Furniture Fair, Foscarini presents the installation FIBER EVOLUTION created by Marc Sadler at the Input Interiör showroom in Stockholm.
The furniture showroom is home to a number of lighting sculptures constituted by a group of lamps from the Foscarini collection belonging to the Mite, Tite, Kite and Twiggy family. Lamps are stacked on top of one another to create tall towers or grouped and arranged in an unconventional way to obtain large lighting installations.
Each installation reveals the strong character of each lamp composing it and epitomises the eclectic spirit of the whole Foscarini collection, able to create highly suggestive situations even in large settings, especially when the lights are used in composition.
Foscarini lamps provide the interior with a strong character and are able to create scenarios of great emotional pathos.
With FIBER EVOLUTION serial objects become part of the contract world, giving form and expression to Foscarini lamps’ natural attitude to be used in large-scale compositions.
This is the central meaning of the installation, which also interprets the innovative spirit, passion for research, development of new materials and technologies that are the basis of the collaboration between Marc Sadler and Foscarini, which has resulted in a number of successful models including the Mite and Tite lamps - Compasso d’Oro 2001 - and the Twiggy series.
- Base Design and Michael Young for Herd…eiros Passanha
- The (RED) Desk by Jonathan Ive and Mar…c Newson
- Cup holder by Bookman for coffee-fuell…ed cycling
- Aposematic Jacket is covered in camera…s to ward off attackers
- "4D-printed" shape-changing dress and …jewellery by Nervous System
- Rollercoaster provides centrepiece for… Philipp Plein catwalk
- Rick Owens pairs springy soles with le…ather for Adidas SS15 footwear
- Mindcraft exhibition brings Danish cra…ft to Milan 2014
- Clouds and Birds by Benedetta Mori Uba…ldini for Magis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories