American architect Neil Denari has designed HL23, an apartment building for New York.
Renderings are by Hayes Davidson.
See also our earlier story on Denari's Alan-Voo House.
Here's a little bit of info from Denari:
HL23 is noted theorist Neil Denari’s first freestanding building and quite a special project for New York City in many respects.
The avant garde design will become reality thanks to seven separate one-time exceptions to zoning law by the City of New York’s Department of Planning, and the building is already expected to become a landmark in the heart of the West Chelsea district.
Built to LEED Gold Certification environmental standards, it will be the subject of an entire museum exhibition.
- Winy Maas: an "open heart" reveals the… inner workings of MVRDV's Pushed Slab office block
- Russian Pavilion at the Venice Archite…cture Biennale 2012
- Exploratory Science Museum by CHN Arqu…itetos
- Ole Scheeren combines an auction house… and museum beside Beijing's Forbidden City
- Trees and exhibition stands line up wi…th skylights inside Umwelt's Ambient 30_60 pavilion
- School gatehouse built on a strict bud…get by Jonathan Tuckey Design
- Barceló Temporary Market by Nieto Sob…ejano Arquitectos
- Titanic Belfast by CivicArtsand Todd A…rchitects
- "Comet running" concept proposes hitch…hiking future for space stations
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories