Bihain showed the shelves, designed to lean against a wall or back to back in pairs, at Salone Satellite in Milan last year and they have now been put into production by Swedese.
Here's some information from Swedese:
Libri shelf in white or black lacquered ash wood can be used as a single unit attached to the wall.
It can also be combined with additional Libri shelves assembled in width along the wall or right out from the wall as a room divider or even back to back to become a free standing shelving system.
The legs are equipped with adjustability in height for uneven floors, and they can be adjusted after the shelf/shelves) has/have been attached to the wall or to each other.
Libri shelf designed by Michael Bihain has been awarded the Prize for Best New Product 2008 at the Stockholm Furniture Fair. The sole judge was the Award winner of last year, designer Damien Williamson.
It was for the seventh year in a row the +1 Award was offered by the Swedish magazine Forum AID.
- Max Lamb at Johnson Trading Gallery
- Marcel Wanders in Milan 2
- Mercury high-speed train by Priestmangoo…de
- e15 unveils wood and marble home accesso…ries collection
- Benjamin Hubert dresses up dining chairs… with Talma collection for Moroso
- Sidekick Stool by Timothy John for Thank…s
- Pipixar by Artem Zigert
- Tapehook by Torafu Architects
- Global Street Food by Mike Meiré for Do…rnbracht 2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories