Bihain showed the shelves, designed to lean against a wall or back to back in pairs, at Salone Satellite in Milan last year and they have now been put into production by Swedese.
Here's some information from Swedese:
Libri shelf in white or black lacquered ash wood can be used as a single unit attached to the wall.
It can also be combined with additional Libri shelves assembled in width along the wall or right out from the wall as a room divider or even back to back to become a free standing shelving system.
The legs are equipped with adjustability in height for uneven floors, and they can be adjusted after the shelf/shelves) has/have been attached to the wall or to each other.
Libri shelf designed by Michael Bihain has been awarded the Prize for Best New Product 2008 at the Stockholm Furniture Fair. The sole judge was the Award winner of last year, designer Damien Williamson.
It was for the seventh year in a row the +1 Award was offered by the Swedish magazine Forum AID.
- Tswana by Patty Johnson
- Campana Brothers "would have disappeared…" without Massimo Morozzi
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i for Alessi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Didier Faustino adds "explosive architec…tural installation" to André Bloc's 1950s villa
- Manifold by Anthony Leyland
- Hella Jongerius: "Why make new stuff eve…ry year? I'm happy to work on the classics"
- Drag by Julien Carretero
- Torafu Architects designs multi-function…al Dice furniture for children and adults
- Aintree by Tomás Alonso at Vera, Chapte…r One
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories