Named Crystal Forest, the exterior is covered in stainless-steel pieces reflecting fragmented views of the street.
The store will open on 29 March 2008.
The following information is from Yoshioka:
SWAROVSKI GINZA Flagship Store
As the key elements of the shop, the facade is covered with stainless-steel mirror reliefs. It reflects the various scenes from the different angles and sparkles brightly like a “Crystal Forest”.
Inside the store, the walls are decorated with the white reliefs all over, and the whole space gets the reflections of crystals and glitters brilliantly.
Dazzling crystals on the floors that are buried in the stone like a fossil, the chandelier sending out the light flow just like a waterfall on a sunny day, and the crystal stairs that is winding up getting the light reflections make an illusionary space fantastically.
On the second floor, there will be an opening installation called “Shooting Star”, in which crystals make a scene just like a fall of shooting stars. It will be presented only within a certain period of time.
Images © Tokujin Yoshioka Design
- Sarah Lucas uses concrete breeze blocks …to create first furniture range
- Li Edelkoort exhibits Issey Miyake garme…nts at Design Museum Holon
- Daniel Emma launches first furniture and… lighting range
- IOU Design by TAFr
- TAF imagines an impossible house with po…sters for Paper Collective
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: Jak by K…arim Rashid for Alessi reduced by 40%
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines to …stamp ink patterns onto clothes
- Swarovski Ginza store by Tokujin Yoshiok…a 2
- The Last Supper by Studio Job
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories