Named Crystal Forest, the exterior is covered in stainless-steel pieces reflecting fragmented views of the street.
The store will open on 29 March 2008.
The following information is from Yoshioka:
SWAROVSKI GINZA Flagship Store
As the key elements of the shop, the facade is covered with stainless-steel mirror reliefs. It reflects the various scenes from the different angles and sparkles brightly like a “Crystal Forest”.
Inside the store, the walls are decorated with the white reliefs all over, and the whole space gets the reflections of crystals and glitters brilliantly.
Dazzling crystals on the floors that are buried in the stone like a fossil, the chandelier sending out the light flow just like a waterfall on a sunny day, and the crystal stairs that is winding up getting the light reflections make an illusionary space fantastically.
On the second floor, there will be an opening installation called “Shooting Star”, in which crystals make a scene just like a fall of shooting stars. It will be presented only within a certain period of time.
Images © Tokujin Yoshioka Design
- Terrastool by the Campana Brothers for G…alerie Kreo
- Klemens Schillinger casts concrete acces…sories to resemble "ancient architectural archetypes"
- "Timeless design is not a cliché" - Phi…lippe Starck
- The Other Way by Carl Clerkin
- GTF unveil neon installation
- Milk by Rasmus B. Fex
- Peter Saville interprets Lacoste's croco…dile logo for Holiday Collector polo shirts
- PXR-8 by Michael Young at Dezeen Watch S…tore
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories