The furniture collection includes a chair, cabinet, low table, long bench and table lamp, all covered with a blue and white moiré woven fabric.
The designers intend the forms to be at once recognisable and strange.
Here's some test from Minale-Maeda:
In a set of living items, cabinet, chair, low table, stool and table lamp, featureless and with minimal clues, limited to the proportions of the boxlike shapes and shyly protruding elements, the visual dimension as means of design is questioned.
The furniture is covered in fabric woven to break up and estrange known patterns, averaging into a neutral blue of mesmerizing appearance like props and visual clues in a studio, while the line pitch creates moirés when reproduced.
Generic and reclusive shapes giving away little of their content, readily manipulated and prone to noise, these objects so close to us in our everyday life reveal the qualities of contemporary product culture’s emphasis on the visual.
In its estranged relationship between appearance and content it creates a discomforting ambiguity turning the seemingly familiar into obscure blue boxes.
- Note Design Studio encases Elements ligh…ts in soft-hued fabric shades
- State of Things by Klubben
- Eco Christmas tree by Buro North
- Lodelei by Martin Pärn and Edina Dufala…-Pärn for Nils Holger Moormann
- Baguette chair by Ronan & Erwan Bouroull…ec for Magis
- Berg Frei! by Nicole Losos
- Extrusions by Thomas Heatherwick - more …images
- Cover chair with folded plywood armrests… by Thomas Bentzen for Muuto
- Spider-silk cape by Simon Peers and Nich…olas Godley
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories