Häberli originally designed the Leeloo collection for jeweller Marc-Jens Biegel about three years ago, but the new issue of 19 pieces is the first time they have been available in silver.
Häberli's exhibition, Alfredo Häberli Design Development - SurroundThings, opens at the Zurich Museum of Design on 27 June.
Here's some info from Biegel:
Leeloo - Limited museum edition in sterling silver. Design: Alfredo Häberli
To date Biegel has been known as a small manufacturer of very exclusive jewellery in gold and platinum, which was conceived by European designer stars, such as Tom Dixon, Konstantin Grcic or the Bouroullec brothers.
The museum collection Leeloo, design by Alfredo Häberli, will be the first limited edition in sterling silver. It is therefore positioned in a price segment which will render it quite irresistible to design aficionados.
Marc-Jens Biegel has issued this series of 19 pieces each on the occasion of the exhibition “SurroundThings – Alfredo Häberli Design Development” at the Zurich Museum of Design (27 June – 21 September 2008) – it is strictly limited, registered and certified.
- Slow Sofa by Frederik Roijé
- Movie: Campana Brothers at GlassLab
- Ora Unica by Denis Guidone
- A Million Times by Humans Since 1982
- Designer New Year cards
- Lancaster by Michael Young for Emeco
- Designers in Residence at the Design M…useum
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to R…oll chair for Kettal
- Nuisance Machines by Andrew Friend
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories