The collection includes lamps, storage jars fruit bowls and a small table, each made from hand-blown glass and CNC-milled cork.
Photographs by Michel Bonvin .
The following information is from Kral:
Plug: Cork-glass project
From Master degree graduations at ECAL (the University of Art and Design Lausanne)
Plug is a range of products that transform the image of a simple cork bottle stopper. The work
is around the connection between glass as a hard and compact material and the cork, a porous material.
The glass parts were done using free glass blowing. The cork parts were made out of the sheets of agglomerated cork
which were milled using CNC.
The cork parts use the marks from the CNC milling tool as a part of their construction.
The idea is to build 3D objects by milling using 2D drawings.
The objects' functions are simple. The idea was to put more attention on the connection between glass and the cork.
- Pi Watch by Ben McCarthy for Workshopped
- Snøvsen by Hans Toft Hornemann and Terk…el Skou Steffensen
- TV Easel by Axel Bjurström
- Poles Apart by Adrian Bergman
- Shan Valla at The Temporium
- Blueware Collection by Studio Glithero
- Kink by Osko+Deichmann
- "The second hand is a real piece of scul…pture moving around the watch" – Benjamin Hubert
- Smart Highway by Studio Roosegaarde
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories