Los Angeles-based architects Zellnerplus renovated the loft of an old toy factory to create living and working space for a young filmmaker.
The 1,500 square foot loft is situated in Los Angeles and makes use of MDF, plastic, laminated plywood and aluminium.
Photography is © copyright Zellnerplus/Tomohiko Sakai and used with permission.
Here's some text from Zellnerplus:
TOY Factory Loft
Additions to this 1,500 square foot loft residence in downtown Los Angeles provided the Client, a young filmmaker, with work and living spaces.
Two MDF, Thermoclear, laminated Ply and Aluminum enclosures were manually fabricated and erected on site from a set of over 250 unique templates.
ZELLNERPLUS Design Planning Research
Project Team: Gordon Magnin, Peter Zellner
General Contractor: Roman Ribera
- Smolenka Apartment by Peter Kostelov
- Gummo offices by i29
- Another Geography by Kimihiko Okada
- Marni store Las Vegas by Sybarite
- Techtile exhibition design by Nosigner
- Living with Books and Art by UNStudio
- Zona K by Pietro Bagnoli and Franco Tagl…iabue
- Hostem shop by JamesPlumb
- Reform of Housing in Pamplona by Carlos …Pereda Iglesias and Óscar Pérez Silanes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories