Los Angeles-based architects Zellnerplus renovated the loft of an old toy factory to create living and working space for a young filmmaker.
The 1,500 square foot loft is situated in Los Angeles and makes use of MDF, plastic, laminated plywood and aluminium.
Photography is © copyright Zellnerplus/Tomohiko Sakai and used with permission.
Here's some text from Zellnerplus:
TOY Factory Loft
Additions to this 1,500 square foot loft residence in downtown Los Angeles provided the Client, a young filmmaker, with work and living spaces.
Two MDF, Thermoclear, laminated Ply and Aluminum enclosures were manually fabricated and erected on site from a set of over 250 unique templates.
ZELLNERPLUS Design Planning Research
Project Team: Gordon Magnin, Peter Zellner
General Contractor: Roman Ribera
- Peter Marino exhibition opens in Miami
- Corian Super-Surfaces Showroom by Amanda… Levete Architects
- Puma House Tokyo by Nendo
- Tsvetnoy Central Market by Lifschutz Dav…idson Sandilands
- Powerhouse Company remodels office foyer… in marble and dark wood to resemble a hotel lobby
- School #1 by Alex Mikhaylov
- Rapha Cycle Club by Brinkworth
- Dolls by Viktor & Rolf at Studio Job Gal…lery
- New Designers awards 2008
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories