Los Angeles-based architects Zellnerplus renovated the loft of an old toy factory to create living and working space for a young filmmaker.
The 1,500 square foot loft is situated in Los Angeles and makes use of MDF, plastic, laminated plywood and aluminium.
Photography is © copyright Zellnerplus/Tomohiko Sakai and used with permission.
Here's some text from Zellnerplus:
TOY Factory Loft
Additions to this 1,500 square foot loft residence in downtown Los Angeles provided the Client, a young filmmaker, with work and living spaces.
Two MDF, Thermoclear, laminated Ply and Aluminum enclosures were manually fabricated and erected on site from a set of over 250 unique templates.
ZELLNERPLUS Design Planning Research
Project Team: Gordon Magnin, Peter Zellner
General Contractor: Roman Ribera
- All the Forces at Spazio Rossana Orlan…di
- Arrojadoa by Jaime Hayón
- Karine Arabian Boutique by Joseph Grap…pin
- Suzukake Honten by Case-Real
- Cao Pu converts Nanjing apartment into… fashion studio
- St Barbara Bastions by Architecture Pr…oject
- Mini Golf Club by La Bolleur
- Booth-generator by students from Trier… University of Applied Science
- Waves of wood form staircase at SDM Ap…artment by Arquitectura en Movimiento Workshop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories