The Architecture Foundation in London has appointed Sarah Ichioka as its new director.
Ichioka, currently deputy director of the London Festival of Architecture, replaces architecture critic Rowan Moore, the outgoing director who resigned in May.
Here's a statement from the Architecture Foundation:
The Architecture Foundation announced today that Sarah Ichioka has been appointed its new Director. She will take up her new post on 13 October 2008.
Sarah Ichioka (29) is currently Deputy Director of the London Festival of Architecture. She previously worked as a consultant curator for the exhibition 'Global Cities' in Tate Modern's Turbine Hall.
She was exhibition content coordinator for the 10th Venice Architecture Biennale 'Cities, Architecture & Society', and co-edited the exhibition catalogue.
She was also a founding research associate of the Urban Age, an interdisciplinary project investigating the future of global cities. She holds an MSc in City Design & Social Science from the LSE and a BA from Yale.
Brian Clarke, Chair of The Architecture Foundation, said: ”The Architecture Foundation under its new director Sarah Ichioka will inevitably be changing its shape to accommodate what it perceives as the changing needs of this challenging period. The board of trustees are thrilled at the prospect of working with Sarah and are confident of an exciting future bringing our passion for the best in contemporary architecture to an ever wider audience. We will need the support and help of the profession, students and a wider public to provide the service we are here for.”
New Director, Sarah Ichioka, said: “I am absolutely delighted to be given the opportunity to lead The Architecture Foundation into its next stage. I look forward to building a focussed, pertinent programme for the Foundation, developed in close collaboration with its trustees, staff and patrons, and inspired by its history as an independent advocate for innovation and emerging talent in contemporary architecture and urbanism”.
- Paperhouse by Heatherwick Studio
- LEAPfactory installs prefabricated ski a…nd snowboard school beside Mont Blanc
- The Zebra Crossing Project by Eduard Če…hovin
- UNStudio completes a digitally controlle…d home with a flower-shaped plan
- Cultural landscape path in the Lower Min…cio by Archiplan
- Venice Architecture Biennale: Giardini p…avilions
- Rubber House by Zeinstra van Gelderen ar…chitecten
- Philippe Baumann's Courtyard House is sh…ielded behind a metal mesh cage
- Educational Centre En El Chaparral by Al…ejandro Muñoz Miranda
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories