Intended to resemble an indoor street-market, the space is used by visitors to the museum for reading, watching videos and drinking coffee.
The installation ran from March 6 - June 30.
The following information is from Company:
Project: Macha Bang
Place: Insa Art Space, Seoul, Korea
Design: COMPANY (Aamu Song & Johan Olin)
We were assigned by INSA Art Space to make a space for visitors to read books, view videos and drink coffee. We were given two weeks time, a budget (in cash) and two interns to help in the building work.
After a fast calculation of time and money available, we decided to make an indoor street-market.
All materials and furniture can be bought from the streets in Seoul and there are many super-fast Pojanmacha (street stand) makers.
To have a street market indoors we decided to make everything soft and use as many colours as possible.
- Apartment in Amsterdam by MAMM Design fe…atures a sunken kitchen
- Vassall Road Housing & Medical Centre by… Tony Fretton Architects
- AZB by Geneto
- Beijing Noodle No. 9 by design spirits c…o., ltd
- Karine Arabian Boutique by Joseph Grappi…n
- Light Touch installation by Haptic
- Cornet Boutique by Kazutoyo Yamamoto
- Studio Tilt creates flexible interior fo…r Proud Archivist cafe and events space
- Composite Lounge by Stephen Burks
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories