Intended to resemble an indoor street-market, the space is used by visitors to the museum for reading, watching videos and drinking coffee.
The installation ran from March 6 - June 30.
The following information is from Company:
Project: Macha Bang
Place: Insa Art Space, Seoul, Korea
Design: COMPANY (Aamu Song & Johan Olin)
We were assigned by INSA Art Space to make a space for visitors to read books, view videos and drink coffee. We were given two weeks time, a budget (in cash) and two interns to help in the building work.
After a fast calculation of time and money available, we decided to make an indoor street-market.
All materials and furniture can be bought from the streets in Seoul and there are many super-fast Pojanmacha (street stand) makers.
To have a street market indoors we decided to make everything soft and use as many colours as possible.
- Arrojadoa by Jaime Hayón
- kilico. hair salon by Makoto Yamaguchi
- Bureau de Change combines furniture with… digital projections for second Made.com showroom
- Ninetynine converts Amsterdam laundromat… into cafe lined with wooden slats
- D’espresso by Nemaworkshop
- Ralph Pucci's fashion mannequins "mirror… how we want to see ourselves"
- Cantina de Comida Mexicana by Taller Til…iche
- 132 5. Issey Miyake by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Joanna Laajisto references 1940s kiosks …for Michel restaurant in Helsinki
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories