Intended to resemble an indoor street-market, the space is used by visitors to the museum for reading, watching videos and drinking coffee.
The installation ran from March 6 - June 30.
The following information is from Company:
Project: Macha Bang
Place: Insa Art Space, Seoul, Korea
Design: COMPANY (Aamu Song & Johan Olin)
We were assigned by INSA Art Space to make a space for visitors to read books, view videos and drink coffee. We were given two weeks time, a budget (in cash) and two interns to help in the building work.
After a fast calculation of time and money available, we decided to make an indoor street-market.
All materials and furniture can be bought from the streets in Seoul and there are many super-fast Pojanmacha (street stand) makers.
To have a street market indoors we decided to make everything soft and use as many colours as possible.
- Librairie La Fontaine by Kawamura-Ganjav…ian and NOR architectes
- Roc Apeldoorn interior by Tjep.
- Stills Flagship Store by Doepel Strijker…s
- Postal stores for TNT by Merkx + Girod A…rchitecten
- Joris Laarman Lab at Friedman Benda
- Salon in Bangkok by NKDW
- Cocoro by Gascoigne Associates
- Camper display by Nendo
- Framed by Stuart Haygarth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories