The lamp will come pre-constructed, unlike the original version which required the user to assemble the lamp themselves.
Norm 03 Steel will be available from September. Below: Britt Kornum
The following is from Normann Copenhagen:
Sophisticated sculptural light in a new interpretation – Normann Copenhagen launches Norm 03 in steel.
Normann Copenhagen had added exclusivity to the Norm 03 lamp. The original assemble-yourself lamp, designed by Britt Kornum in lamp shade foil, is now launched in an exclusive assembled version in stainless steel.
Norm 03 is an organic, modern lamp, giving a sculptural light over any dining table. In the new steel version, the living and decorative light that Norm 03 casts on the ceiling is intensified and the reflection of the light is enhanced by the many nuances of the steel, from jet-black to shiny, giving an exclusive look.
Britt Kornum designed Norm 03 in 2003, hence the name, while she was studying at the School of Architecture. Norm 03 is originally inspired by flower ornaments, with the idea of creating a pattern of strips based on simple principles. Today the lamp, which is part of the popular norm series, decorates private homes and companies in more than 60 countries.
Norm 03 in steel is a ceiling pendant complete with a fabric cable with incorporated wire, which initially will be produced in the European version.
Measurements: Small 53 x 32 cm
Material: Stainless steel
Supplied with a 20 Watt low energy bulb
Recommended retail price:
£550, - incl. VAT
- "At the beginning I was a bit afraid, bu…t this boat is very stable"
- Autographer camera by OMG Life with Chau…han Studio
- Mataerial by Petr Novikov, Saša Jokić,… Joris Laarman Lab and IAAC
- Piet Hein Eek's first eyewear range debu…ts at Dutch Design Week
- Fisherman by TAF for Zero
- BN0035 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Stewie by Luca Nichetto for Foscarini
- Dezeen Platform: studio vit
- Interview: Wim Crouwel at the Design Mus…eum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories