The leather collection includes a dining chair, easy chair and sofa, and is on show this week at trade fair Orgatec in Cologne, Germany.
Here's some more information from B&B Italia:
POSA, design David Chipperfield
The seating range Posa derives its name from the Marquis von Posa, the idealist hero in the play Don Carlos by Friedich Schiller. Schiller was born in Marbach Am Neckar, Germany, where David Chipperfield recently designed the award winning Museum of Modern Literature, completed in 2006.
Chipperfield’s design work is often informed by a particular architectural experience and Posa is no exception. While this range was being developed with B&B Italia, Chipperfield was also designing an extension to the St. Louis Art Museum, USA, which required seating solutions for its restaurant, galleries and break-out areas. For this project Chipperfield was particularly concerned with finding versatile, robust seating which would meet rigorous usage requirements while conveying a sense of refined luxury. It is planned to finish the museum seating in leather. This line of research has been combined with another theme that Chipperfield was keen to explore; that of obtaining comfortable soft seating from thin upholstered sections applied to a light and dynamic structure, using advance industrial production techniques. Posa is presented in the following forms; dinning chair, easy chair and sofa. The range will be developed further with the addition and more variants in future.
- Mimosa by Jason Bruges Studio
- &made offer free Milan rides
- Rock Series by Arik Levy at Design Miami…/Basel
- Save 25% on Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch St…ore
- Secret Operation 610 by Rietveld Landsca…pe and Studio Frank Havermans
- Kind of Scarves by Kind of Moving
- EVO Urban Utility Bike lets cyclists swa…p clip-on accessories
- Corner Bin by Kitman Keung
- Pecha Kucha at Clerkenwell Design Week o…n Thursday 24 May
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories