The furniture is made from EPS and polyether foam, with a solid coating on the white base and leather-like coating on the coloured cushions.
IMM Cologne takes place 19-25 January.
Here's some text from Rottier:
[ AR1 ] is a fresh translation of the classic chaise longue. Base for the design were ergonomic measurements and contemporary manufacturing techniques.
The body position allows active participation in conversation, but would not block a little nap either. The extreme durability of the materials allows for heavy duty in- and outdoor use, domestic as well as professional.
[ AR1 ] comes in five colors contrasting the white base; but color wishes can be fullfilled. Kid's version available.
- Designers react to the Apple Watch
- Chorong lamp by Joongho Choi
- Bourrasque by Paul Cocksedge
- Sergio concept car by Pininfarina
- Cork corner stops Ilias Ernst's minimal …clock from rolling away
- "Marble is back in favour" say designers… at Milan 2014
- Mobile by Christan Halleröd and Johanne…s Svartholm
- Arne Quinze at Swarovski Crystal Palace
- ÉCAL students examine the selfie at Pho…toBooth exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories