The furniture is made from EPS and polyether foam, with a solid coating on the white base and leather-like coating on the coloured cushions.
IMM Cologne takes place 19-25 January.
Here's some text from Rottier:
[ AR1 ] is a fresh translation of the classic chaise longue. Base for the design were ergonomic measurements and contemporary manufacturing techniques.
The body position allows active participation in conversation, but would not block a little nap either. The extreme durability of the materials allows for heavy duty in- and outdoor use, domestic as well as professional.
[ AR1 ] comes in five colors contrasting the white base; but color wishes can be fullfilled. Kid's version available.
- Häagen-Dazs Cloud ice cream by Front
- Tokyo Design Tide seeks designers
- Industry by Tom Dixon
- The Materiality of a Natural Disaster by… Hilda Hellström at Show RCA 2012
- New catalogue from M/M (Paris)
- Chairless by Alejandro Aravena for Vitra
- Ross Lovegrove in Milan
- Ro armchair by Jaime Hayón for Republic… of Fritz Hansen
- Matka Vases by Pepe Heykoop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories