Filmed by Dezeen at Design Miami in front of a live audience, the brothers talks about the five images (including a smoggy São Paulo skyline and a dense jungle) they selected in response to the Design Miami Chat Shows brief: My Design Life in Five Images.
See all the movies in this series posted so far or watch individual movies:
See also our documentary about the Campanas, filmed in São Paulo last summer.
Design Miami Chat Shows are supported by Fendi.
Here's a biography of the Campana Brothers:
Fernando & Humberto Campana
The Design Miami⁄ 2008 Designer of the Year Award winners Fernando & Humberto Campana were born in 1953 and 1961, and trained respectively in law and architecture.
They began working together in the mid-1980s, designing furniture inspired by their home city São Paolo. Combining high and low tech processes, the Campana brothers trawl the flotsam and jetsam of Brazilian city life, using ‘poor’ materials to create expressive and sumptuous objects. Their unique designs have been manufactured by leading Italian companies, including Edra, Alessi and Cappellini.
As winners of this year’s Designer of the Year Award, the Campana Brothers are creating a major installation which will be a central focus of the temporary structure housing this year’s fair. They are also creating the VIP lounge hosted by sponsor HSBC Private Bank.
- Data Clip by Nendo
- AA Stools by Torafu Architects
- [d3] contest winners at IMM Cologne 2009
- Moritz Waldemeyer puts laser beams in Hu…ssein Chalayan dresses
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a wo…oden spoon every day for a year
- Flow(t) glassware by Nao Tamura at Lumin…aire Lab
- Benjamin Hubert and Moroso "share a pass…ion for innovations in textile"
- Vita interactive by Massimo Mariani
- Light Movement by Noam Bar Yohai
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories